• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ameristep platform and boat buckle??

ETarrant

SH Member
Can someone tell me if this looks right I believe I have it setup right, my issue is this I attached the platform to a tree and it seems to be loose when I stand on it it's slides down and as I move around the tree it makes noise I can move around good but it seems to slide and move is that normal I don't feel like it would Fallout from under me it just seems like a lot of movement and I really don't like the noise the steps make on the BART as I move around the tree during crunch time I can see this as a problem. Thanks for any help guys.
b98388818f470d4b213893bdd16b9945.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It’s impossible to tell if you have it set up right from this picture.
The strap appears to just run on continuously, kind of like that sentence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha, it was two sentences. Very hard to concentrate to the end on that one without breaks.

OP - put it on a tree and take a picture for us!

Lol... That's because it's just easier to talk to my phone, I get that alot. I'll take a picture as soon as I can

Lol... That's because it's just easier to talk to my phone, I get that alot. I'll take a picture as soon as I can

That makes total sense!

I hope this helps
f4553a81c26e4bb505aafb3b52063f68.jpg

That looks like you have it set up right. Your complaint is exactly why I went to using a ratchet. I used the original Ameristep strap and replaced the OCB with a rubber coated handle Rachel. There is absolutely no doubt how tight you have it with a ratchet and it will not budge.

Last edited:
Pause and say your punctuation, Siri will figure it out for us

I hope this helps
f4553a81c26e4bb505aafb3b52063f68.jpg

It looks right. When you set it up on the tree pull the strap as tight as you can so that you can not cam the boat buckle over. Once you have done that, give the buckle a little twist so that it loosens up the strap a little then try to cam it over again. If you can't twist again. You should be able to get it very tight. Once you have the platform set up you will need to stand on each step to settle it before it is "set". You are strapping it to the tree horizontally but standing on it vertically so things will settle. Once you stand on each step to settle it it should be very solid.

It looks right. When you set it up on the tree pull the strap as tight as you can so that you can not cam the boat buckle over. Once you have done that, give the buckle a little twist so that it loosens up the strap a little then try to cam it over again. If you can't twist again. You should be able to get it very tight. Once you have the platform set up you will need to stand on each step to settle it before it is "set". You are strapping it to the tree horizontally but standing on it vertically so things will settle. Once you stand on each step to settle it it should be very solid.

This - also, that's a pretty smooth bark tree. Expect a little settling before everything grabs. It's managing expectations too - it isn't a screw in step or a ratchet strapped platform. It will give a little, but you should be able to get it tight enough it doesn't "move"

Back