• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Amsteel Blue

MOBIGBUCKS

Just curious where you guys are buying it from and price wise?

Lengths you guys are using? I was thinking 10-15 feet for the whoopie sling.

Thanks guys

You can buy , already made, from Wesspur.com. Used for hammocks , 8' long, for 16.00 ,& some change

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

For a fully functional whoopie, I would start with around 12 feet of cord. In order to accommodate small trees you have to put the adjustment part realy close to the girth hitch, but the down side to that is that you use up rope really fast when expanding to accommodate larger trees.

I wouldn't go smaller than 3/16" not because of strength but because it's easier to handle.

There are a couple of places online to buy rope, APS sailing is normally .87 but is running a sale for .65

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice guys. Found a place at .90 cents a foot for 1/4". Couldn't find the pre made loops on wesspur. No big deal though I think I can make one fairly easily with a good video.

Thanks for the advice guys. Found a place at .90 cents a foot for 1/4". Couldn't find the pre made loops on wesspur. No big deal though I think I can make one fairly easily with a good video.
Look up a brummels hitch for your fixed end

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back