• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Amsteel bridge length

UMICH1

I want to make a 30" fixed bridge with the 1/4". How much will I need and what length should I make the buries? I have a local West Marine that sells by the foot and delivers free to store. Thought I'd give it a try. Thanks.

@g2 has a great video on YouTube you should check out on splicing amsteel. Figure your 30"+16" (an 8" bury on both sides)+ ~6" (a couple inches of loop on each side)= 52" needed. Just some rough measurements, you can bury more and mess around with the size of loops on the ends to your liking. Get a little extra, always good to have! Maybe make a whoopie sling while you're at it!

Back