• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Amsteel Bridge Lock Stitching

hauscaliber

Jul 14, 2018
What's a good material to lock stitch the 1/4" amsteel with? I have some gator cord rated for 600# but it's pretty thick. I also have some 65# power pro braided fishing line. What are ya'll using?

Scott F

Feb 15, 2015
Tampa, Florida
I used some bowstring material and haven't died yet. I think the key if I remember right was to not lace it in the splice too tightly according to the Samson rope website instructions.

But then again, if you don't hear from me come October you may want to revisit this thread again for other suggestions...

Reactions: Plinker22

hauscaliber

Jul 14, 2018
Haha okay thanks I ended up using the gator cord and it looks good and tested fine so far.

Ken Ruppel

Nov 25, 2017
Petersburg, Indiana
G2outdoors on you tube has a video for attaching an amsteel bridge, he uses zingit to lock stitch with. Anything comparable to it should work. Whatever you use just keep it inspected.

Orion5

Aug 16, 2018
I was just looking into this last night. Samson recommends that the cord used to lock stitch should be about the same diameter as one strand of the Amsteel. I’m still trying to figure that out. Anyone know or can anyone measure it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk