• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

amsteel II plus

Dang, it... I didn't even get my last order of Samson and now you guys are gonna move on and I won't be cool again.

I swear to you I just had the thought the other day "If Amsteel came with a braided sheath like regular rope that would be awesome". Awesome!

The sheath is available in black, blue, clear, gray, orange, and yellow with Blue and Red ID. Its offered in coated and non coated. The coating is urethane. I have an email in to find out what the purpose of the coating is, cause honestly I cant imagine urethane being for anything but protection from getting dirty.

The sheath is available in black, blue, clear, gray, orange, and yellow with Blue and Red ID. Its offered in coated and non coated. The coating is urethane. I have an email in to find out what the purpose of the coating is, cause honestly I cant imagine urethane being for anything but protection from getting dirty.

No pricing info yet?

Urethane aids in abrasion resistance and less likely to stain, but not stain proof.

I had to decide if I wanted coated or not before I got a price. Think Ill look at 7/16 since Ill use a ropeman1.

My source is asking for amount. Anybody interested in a group buy? Im figuring a tether would only require 11.375ft so not a big order obviously. If I added in a double lineman that would bump it to 25.5ft. Since its a new product Im sure the supplier is wanting to know amount so he isn't sitting on a 600ft spool for a long time. So if we got a few people I would inquire on a price for 25-X number of feet and see if I get a break down on price per foot based on X number of feet.

My source is asking for amount. Anybody interested in a group buy? Im figuring a tether would only require 11.375ft so not a big order obviously. If I added in a double lineman that would bump it to 25.5ft. Since its a new product Im sure the supplier is wanting to know amount so he isn't sitting on a 600ft spool for a long time. So if we got a few people I would inquire on a price for 25-X number of feet and see if I get a break down on price per foot based on X number of feet.
I'd be willing to go for 25 foot. Color preference is gray, then black. I'd really like to get my hands on 8-10 foot for testing first if possible.

I'd be in but I'd just want enough for a tether. I don't really need a linesman belt. I would need big enough for a ropeman too.

Ok, let's talk about this first. 6 pounds per 100 feet for 7/16. That's not super light, it's the same as yale bandit. Yes it's super strong but that's overkill. Not sure this really benefits us.

As you said earlier Red, would be nice to handle some to see what it is. I would still like to pursue rope I could splice like a daisy chain and eliminate the ropeman 1 from the tether. Ill always have one for my lineman though.

Ok. For the moment, count me in for a sample length but not the 25 foot if you do it.

I'm with Red. I only want rope that is smaller and lighter. Not interested in more of the same stuff...no matter the strength. I have some of the Samson Ultratech on the way.

Back