• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Amsteel pusher

Bigterp

Staff member
SH Member
Hey I found that Ivan buy amsteel by the foot at my local west marine.... it’s not super cheap $1.75/lf but no shipping & buy what you need. So here’s the rub, that Samson splicing kit runs around 60ish dollars. I bought the 1/4” fid there for $7. I know you can diy it but , it’s done. The kit has a pusher & all different sizes of fids, but I’m only splicing 1/4”. I had a pc of 1 1/4” dowel & picked up a pc of aluminum 3/16” rod at HD. Made my own pusher & had enough material left to make 2 more. If anybody wants one let me know. Also if you wanted a 1/4” fid I could grab one & send it with the pusher for a cheap splicing kit...... splicing amsteel was super easy. My daughter did it & now wants to be in the bridge making business! I let her know it’s quite a niche market. I just figured I’d put that out there.

I’d be interested in both did & pusher.

Bought some 1/4 & 1/8. Gonna have to piece together enough tools to work with these.

Ur idea would give me a good start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also be interested. Shoot me a pm if you got all the details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back