• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Amsteel ucr trouble

GBlevins92

So I have my xop platform I've been toying with and so far I love it but I've hit an issue, the first time I set it up I put it on the bottom of a telephone pole to play around with and it was super tight to the point when I took the amsteel off it was still hanging there but when I tried to set it up in a tree at hunting height to practice from I couldn't get it to cam over right it would either be too loose or it wouldn't lock in it would be tight but felt like the seat kept wanting to flip up what am I doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I have my xop platform I've been toying with and so far I love it but I've hit an issue, the first time I set it up I put it on the bottom of a telephone pole to play around with and it was super tight to the point when I took the amsteel off it was still hanging there but when I tried to set it up in a tree at hunting height to practice from I couldn't get it to cam over right it would either be too loose or it wouldn't lock in it would be tight but felt like the seat kept wanting to flip up what am I doing wrong?

Without seeing pictures, my first guess, is the rope is too high. It should almost be level with the seat when down. If it's too high it will keep trying to pop the seat back up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Without seeing pictures, my first guess, is the rope is too high. It should almost be level with the seat when down. If it's too high it will keep trying to pop the seat back up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is my thought too. Similar to the Stepp Ladder system. You might want to try bringing the rope on the back side of the tree down a bit this way it will cam. Otherwise, the rope is pulling in an upwards position and will naturally lift the platform.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yeah i gave it a go when I originally bought the platform from you. Its a cool system but just felt that the stepp knot was easier for me!!

Is there a video out there on how to do the step knot, I haven't got to play with it any today gotta be out of town of few days but I'll get try lowering the rope and maybe give the step knot a try

Back