• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

An incredible day

Mike Curtis

SH Member
I got a chance last week to head to the camp for a few days. Friday was spent scouting and hung 3 sets for my new ESS Saddle. I saw a hand full of does Saturday morning, however the wind switched several times giving me away. The only opportunities were does with little ones too small to wean. Saturday afternoon I did take an dry doe. A good shot and 80 yard recovery. Then comes Sunday. I began seeing deer at first lite and they continued to ramble around until 11. Around 10 I spotted 18 does walking a ridge in single file. 3 bucks came in and I heard my first snort wheeze. Sunday evening I had a good shooter buck coming in on a string when he crossed the spot of where my doe went down. He put his nose to the ground and took off following the scent left by me dragging the doe to my truck. I fully expected him to be waiting at my Ram when I came out. All together saw 40 or so deer including 4 bucks. What a day.

I've been hunting 40 yrs and I've only heard it once. The TV guys use it all the time. Too much IMO. Anyway, sounds like you had a great day!

Certainly an incredible day! It only takes a deer or two for me to have one!

Back