• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Another FNG from MA

saint1480

Hello from Central MA. I just started hunting at the age of 38 and got my AeroHunter Kite in the mail yesterday. Courtesy of renovating the property of a 200+ year old farmhouse I didn't get much time with it last night but Saturday and Sunday will be a different story.

I look forward to more education on this style of hunting and of course filling the freezer!

Nick

Me too! You and I are in a similar boat. Last season was my first for whitetails at the ripe age of 34.

It really makes me happy to see you guys that are in your 30's getting into hunting. Life long hunter myself and have taught youth hunting and shooting for many years it is good to see more trying out the sport. I'm on the North Shore hunting for 45 plus years and plan to be saddle hunting this fall. Good stuff.

Welcome from Belchertown, MA. Did you happen to make it to the Mass. saddle hunters get together, aka, Massapaloosa?

As much as it is nice to see other saddle hunters from MA, I must say I would prefer there were no hunters in MA. It would up my odds!
I was able to try out the Kite this weekend and I was rather intimidated by everything at first. Once I got to a tree I was AMAZED at how simple and straightforward it is. And the comfort, holy smokes. As someone who had surgery for my sciatic in December of 2017, I was and still am a little apprehensive about being it in for many hours. So far so good though and I am optimistic about putting in some time to practice before the fall season.
Anyone else plan to saddle hunt with a shotgun or rifle? I see a bow in my future for next year either way but it seems the number of people using a firearm from a saddle is rather small.

As much as it is nice to see other saddle hunters from MA, I must say I would prefer there were no hunters in MA. It would up my odds!
I was able to try out the Kite this weekend and I was rather intimidated by everything at first. Once I got to a tree I was AMAZED at how simple and straightforward it is. And the comfort, holy smokes. As someone who had surgery for my sciatic in December of 2017, I was and still am a little apprehensive about being it in for many hours. So far so good though and I am optimistic about putting in some time to practice before the fall season.
Anyone else plan to saddle hunt with a shotgun or rifle? I see a bow in my future for next year either way but it seems the number of people using a firearm from a saddle is rather small.
I use my saddle for all legal hunting equipment. Muzzleloader, rifle, shotgun, and archery. Very versatile. Maybe spear is next.

Welcome from southern New Hampshire! I'm planning on rifle hunting out of my mantis up in Maine, and bow hunting in New Hampshire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back