• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Another one for Dan!

Red Beard

SH Member
Can't say enough good things about the way @DanO operates Easter Woods Outdoors (Double Steps). He spent quite a bit of time texting with me last night (Sunday evening) to ensure I had all the information I needed prior to finalizing an order. He even went as far as to test fit a few items and send pictures to help me decide.

God bless that dude and his business!

Can't say enough good things about the way @DanO operates Easter Woods Outdoors (Double Steps). He spent quite a bit of time texting with me last night (Sunday evening) to ensure I had all the information I needed prior to finalizing an order. He even went as far as to test fit a few items and send pictures to help me decide.

I will second that, ordered a fleece dump pouch, some vet tape, and carabiners on August 11th and it was delivered today August 15th. Excellent service. Thanks Dan.

@DanO was the first person I made a trade with on the site (still have my original doublesteps on APIs). I was fortunate to meet him in person at Saddlepalooza. Nice guy and one of us. We are very fortunate that he had the gumption to supply the DIY saddlers a one stop shop to make the projects easier and you will not get better customer service.

John H., Hickory, NC

“You sure are cocky for a starvin’ pilgrim.”

@DanO was the first person I made a trade with on the site (still have my original doublesteps on APIs). I was fortunate to meet him in person at Saddlepalooza. Nice guy and one of us. We are very fortunate that he had the gumption to supply the DIY saddlers a one stop shop to make the projects easier and you will not get better customer service.

John H., Hickory, NC

Amen. I was telling my wife the other day that he's like the Amazon of saddle hunting; got everything you need :)

DanO is a class act...he went out of his way for me several times before my order was complete. Guys...spend your money with someone who is one of us...DanO is someone we all could be friends with...its just that simple. Let's give him the support he needs...promote Eastern Woods Outdoors...Thumbs Up and God Bless

DanO is a class act...he went out of his way for me several times before my order was complete. Guys...spend your money with someone who is one of us...DanO is someone we all could be friends with...its just that simple. Let's give him the support he needs...promote Eastern Woods Outdoors...Thumbs Up and God Bless
Amen! Good dude, good business.

Absolutely. Every time I need something I check double steps first. DanO is good people.

I've met DanO a couple of times now. I will definitely attest that he is a super nice, helpful guy. I have also purchased merchandise from Eastern Woods Outdoors and have always received an immediate reply and response as to when the item is shipping (always the following day). I highly recommend starting your search for saddle hunting accessories with him.

I just placed my first order. Daisy chain for my sticks, angled double steps for the tops, and webbing for a Wraptor. Out of D rings but I’ll find them. Great niche products.

@DanO is one of my favorite humans. The first time I met him was in the cover of darkness at some random house that I'd never been to to meet a guy that I met online (doesn't sound good does it?) Now get your heads out of the gutter, we were on our way to Saddlepalooza and decided to take a risk and carpool together. He didn't murder me like my wife thought he would and a great friendship was born.

Let's all help keep the lights on at Eastern Woods Outdoors, he's a good one to support.

One of the biggest reasons I shop at Dano doublesteps.com is the transparency. If it’s not available he tells you, then tells you when it will be, will only let you order it if it’s coming in a few days. Also agree Dan is a great guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John H., Hickory, NC

Same here!! Sure has made my hunting life easier/better...at least getting ready for this season! Multiple emails, advice on gear, guys to contact if he's not sure. DanO is the ManO,!!!

Just made my first order and in 24 hours I’ve received 4 update emails and a notice that my order has shipped. THAT is service! Cheers, @DanO, consider me a “regular”. My wife’s gonna hate you but I sure don’t.

Just made my first order and in 24 hours I’ve received 4 update emails and a notice that my order has shipped. THAT is service! Cheers, @DanO, consider me a “regular”. My wife’s gonna hate you but I sure don’t.
Send me your wife's name/address so I can send her some chocolates or flowers to make up for it.

Seriously though, you guys are great. Thanks for the words of encouragement! I'm just a regular croc-wearing dude who likes to hunt and has thoroughly enjoyed this adventure I've been calling a side job. You all keep this up though and I may have to go full-time. If you ever have any questions/concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to me on the forum here or through my contact page on the website. I'll also share my phone number with anyone that has questions.

God Bless and have a great season guys!

I recently received my first order from DanO. I’ll use the daisy chain strap as a foot loop (one step aider) for the one stick method with a Muddy Pro. The loops fit perfectly on the top steps and hangs down an adjustable length below the stick.
And when hanging from my tether above the stick, I can hook this strap with my boot and pull the stick up within reach. (It’s key to put the muddy stick’s rope high on the back of the tree. So when you lift it up, you get plenty of slack.)
When at hunting height, I’ll use it as a gear hanger. Dual purpose excellence.
Thanks Dan!

Back