• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Another pack question...

Chandler96

SH Member
So, I know these types of questions get asked a lot, so I apologize. I have been through "ultimate pack thread" at least a dozen times now. I'm looking for a pack. I don't think I need a frame pack because I usually am only a mile or 2 back at the most. So, unless someone talks me out of it, I think I'm looking for a day pack. I have been looking at the Kuiu Venture Divide 2000. Anyone have any experience with them? Any insight would be much appreciated.

For reference, I am a one sticker, so I don't need to store any sticks.

I dont have experience with that one but i can tell you i absolutely love my kuiu venture 1800. The strapping system on it is awesome, especially for carrying a stick. The 2200 is slightly bigger and the straps are a little beefier too. My situation is similar to yours...no need for a big frame pack

I had a Divide 1500 and I sent it back. I felt the fabric was too noisy and it was hard to fit anything in the divided part. The 2000 may be a different story but the fabric is the same.

So, I know these types of questions get asked a lot, so I apologize. I have been through "ultimate pack thread" at least a dozen times now. I'm looking for a pack. I don't think I need a frame pack because I usually am only a mile or 2 back at the most. So, unless someone talks me out of it, I think I'm looking for a day pack. I have been looking at the Kuiu Venture Divide 2000. Anyone have any experience with them? Any insight would be much appreciated.

For reference, I am a one sticker, so I don't need to store any sticks.
Public? How do you get deer out now? I totally get the no frame pack stance on private presets, but if your gonna get a deer out I’ll pack a MR popup 28-30 all year long & not fill it rather than use a game cart or drag a deer. It can be day pack size no problem……. My 2 cents btw there are plenty more options than above but, price/ function would be similar to a good day pack ( plus nice to have extra room for Kate season layers)

Last edited:
I dont have experience with that one but i can tell you i absolutely love my kuiu venture 1800. The strapping system on it is awesome, especially for carrying a stick. The 2200 is slightly bigger and the straps are a little beefier too. My situation is similar to yours...no need for a big frame pack

Divide 2000:
4 lb 5 oz
2000 Cubic inch

PRO 2300:
4lb 4.7 oz
2300 ci

Exo K4:
4 lb 9oz
2192 ci

Public? How do you get deer out now? I totally get the no frame pack stance on private presets, but if your gonna get a deer out I’ll pack a MR popup 28-30 all year long & not fill it rather than use a game cart or drag a deer. It can be day pack size no problem……. My 2 cents btw there are plenty more options than above but, price/ function would be similar to a good day pack ( plus nice to have extra room for Kate season layers)
Yeah, that's why I was on the fence....I'd rather just pack out but was afraid of the pack being too big.
Divide 2000:
4 lb 5 oz
2000 Cubic inch

PRO 2300:
4lb 4.7 oz
2300 ci

Exo K4:
4 lb 9oz
2192 ci
once again, you've put something into perspective for me lol.... thank you.

Do they still make the MR 28? I could'nt find it anywhere.

Yeah, that's why I was on the fence....I'd rather just pack out but was afraid of the pack being too big.

once again, you've put something into perspective for me lol.... thank you.
IMG_3285.jpeg
That pack is not at all huge with no deer on it, but a life saver when you’re way back in & need it. Some folks complain about the fabric being noisy but once you use it & wash it it’s better

Do they still make the MR 28? I could'nt find it anywhere.
They don’t, you can find them here & online bw $180-250 depending on use & color. If you stumble across a newer model 30 vs the 28 I like the layout better. If you get a 28 just make sure it’s the newer model with slide out frame not the tent pole style.

They don’t, you can find them here & online bw $180-250 depending on use & color. If you stumble across a newer model 30 vs the 28 I like the layout better. If you get a 28 just make sure it’s the newer model with slide out frame not the tent pole style.
Thank you. You've been a big help.

I havent used the new venture 2000. I had the venture 1800 that was mentioned above. It was a really good deer hunting pack. It would handle packing out a deer up to 135-140 pounds in one trip but after a mile or so you would start to notice the weight. A big deer would require two trips but that is still astronomically better than having to deal with a cart or sled or heaven forbid draggin. I switched from that pack to a kifaru setup with the stryker xl because it will cover all of the hunting I do including back pack hunts or western hunts. It is a little overkill for close hunts on public or private but that is just a small portion of my hunting. If you are planning on packing critters out a mile or more, I would without question point you towards the kuiu pro, exo k4 or pop up mentioned above or a kifaru. It is a money commitment for sure but all of those packs will grossly exceed the hauling capability of a day pack, even one with a frame sheet like the venture.

If you can find a used Venture 2200 I highly recommend it. I have that and a pop up but generally don't use the pop up unless I need some serious layers or am considering a pack out. The straps and pockets are all perfect and the long frame carries nice for an internal frame. Might be a little overkill for one sticking but allows for a little bit more (if you decided to use more sticks/platform or need to pack on out in a pinch), without being too much. I don't get the noisy material complaints, the pop up is way worse.

Back