• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Another Sitdragmantis Mash

Jabronie678

20200920_231418.jpg
I am finishing up some final touches on my mantis inspired sitdrag saddle for my first saddle season.

Some feature if you can't tell from the photo
Amsteel Bridge
Folded over and sewn loops for easier cliping of carabiner
Two full rows of molle style webbing attaching points
Two molle pouches I have used in the past
Sewn in belt for attaching to body, not load bearing
Leg straps for attaching to body, not load bearing

I do have a linemans belt assembled and works well with current setup, and I am working on a recliner of some kind for long term comfort

The thing I have noticed is the footprint of the sitdrag is small and my rear is big, but i haven't run into too much of a comfort issue. The longest sit i have done has been an hour and i haven't felt any pinching or numbness anywhere.

Any tips for improvement? I don't plan on adding a pad or putting a fleece liner just yet, but i am prepared to do so.

I am supplementing with a rock climbing harness for the extra safety and piece of mind. I notice a lot of people are comfortable with just there diy saddle, but i am not there quite yet.

Back