• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Any Bow techs not currently working at the shop???

Bigterp

Staff member
SH Member
I was thinking about this a few weeks ago & the interest in bow presses & below thread just reminded me.

I’m wondering if there would be a way to mail your bow to a good tech that could do some work on it or be available to have a remote consultation to discuss : tuning issues, replace strings cables, get it tuned??? I understand there’s liability & a lot of other things to work out. But would be a great opportunity for a few guys w/ skills.....

So I know of a guy who might fit the bill, John's Custom Archery here in Virginia. He's got his own shop but if IRC it's a one man show. I always go to him for my strings, he does custom builds and other stuff. I pestered him for a good 45 minutes about string material. He's very approachable and a good guy.
He's on Facebook under the same name and Breath'n on archerytalk. I think.

@Bigterp If the funds allow in the current situation just get the stuff and set up your shop at home. My press should arrive next week and I am excited. The vise I ended up completly splurging for is absolutely awesome, it was expensive but I have zero buyers remorse. I also splurged on the Van Handle Pro Tune Kit, also awesome and worth the extra coin.

@Bigterp If the funds allow in the current situation just get the stuff and set up your shop at home. My press should arrive next week and I am excited. The vise I ended up completly splurging for is absolutely awesome, it was expensive but I have zero buyers remorse. I also splurged on the Van Handle Pro Tune Kit, also awesome and worth the extra coin.
What press did you buy?

I’m totally with you... I was just thinking outside the box for someone who might need some work & is sidelined temporarily. I came super close to pulling the trigger the other day, but just hoarding $ until this mess blows over.

I’m totally with you... I was just thinking outside the box for someone who might need some work & is sidelined temporarily. I came super close to pulling the trigger the other day, but just hoarding $ until this mess blows over.
I got ya. I'm sure guys would be happy to work on a bow if you shipped it to them. Just going to be expensive by the time shipping to and from is involved.

What was the vice? Looking to replace my old Apple.

Back