• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Any knitters out there?

jonkytron

Figured since all these tough guys in here are posting about their sewing machines, I could post about knitting haha

last season i took up knitting with my fiancé when the weather was crazy and we were binge watching netflix. Ended up making my favorite piece of gear: a wool face mask (see pic). this thing keeps me so warm during freezing late season sits. Currently working on a blaze orange hat that I want to make a bit like a “ghillie hood” by adding long strands orange yarn.

anyone else out there knitting some cool hunting gear and want to share ? Was thinking to also make a wool saddle wubbie and a wool poncho.

Attachments

• 22AB5D5D-A5D0-48A0-A60A-6A244856173E.jpeg
    22AB5D5D-A5D0-48A0-A60A-6A244856173E.jpeg
    410.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 1F31C3F0-7225-4CC1-8DE1-3EE75AEDA6E4.jpeg
    1F31C3F0-7225-4CC1-8DE1-3EE75AEDA6E4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
Figured since all these tough guys in here are posting about their sewing machines, I could post about knitting haha

last season i took up knitting with my fiancé when the weather was crazy and we were binge watching netflix. Ended up making my favorite piece of gear: a wool face mask (see pic). this thing keeps me so warm during freezing late season sits. Currently working on a blaze orange hat that I want to make a bit like a “ghillie hood” by adding long strands orange yarn.

anyone else out there knitting some cool hunting gear and want to share ? Was thinking to also make a wool saddle wubbie and a wool poncho.
My wife knits a bit and I've had some interest but never learned. Looks cool, and your face mask looks well done and warm! Did you follow instructions or a pattern or made it up yourself? I've seen hats with beards before for sale so wondering if that was somewhat the inspiration

My wife knits a bit and I've had some interest but never learned. Looks cool, and your face mask looks well done and warm! Did you follow instructions or a pattern or made it up yourself? I've seen hats with beards before for sale so wondering if that was somewhat the inspiration
The face mask was a pattern I found online. After a few patterns you can kind of start making up your own. It’s pretty simple and There’s so many free and cheap patterns online.

Real men don't knit!

We crochet! I picked up a series of round looms, some crochet hooks and some wool yarn and made a few winter hats/beanies. It was so easy that my young daughter used the small size to make some hats for her dolls too. They are warm and the wool gray/white yarn has a treebark camo look to it.

I love the look of your face mask. It looks comfortable!

-Dan

Back