• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Any MN Bear Hunters?

MN_Bowhunter4

I know nothing about it, other than the season starts on 9/1 and I can get a no quota tag for $45. I don’t have bait, or even a spot with known bear activity. Would I be wasting my time? Hinkley is about a 90 minute drive for me. Ultimately wondering if this wild hair is worth itching, or if I should give it a more honest effort next spring-fall.

I love hunting bears here in Pa.
You'll never get one from the couch!
Find out where they live and go get one... ;)

I’m also a MN hunter interested in this. I live just south of the cities and would love to hunt black bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm following, I'm an Indiana hunter that has never hunter bear. I have points accumulating. Want to plan something next year or two.

Well....I feel real stupid. Looked at title again was thinking it was MI not MN. Not the first time I talk without thinking.

In as well. We can all be clueless together!

I want to do some more research. I just marked a random access point in the no quota up near pine city. Might need to get up there this season and just see what the ground looks like, and the type of pressure it gets.

Back