• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Any reason why this wouldn't work?

MNFarmHunter

Any reason why a mini bike like this couldn't be used to haul deer our of the woods?

I hunt private land so restrictions aren't an issue. I'm thinking if I rigged a yoke/receiver to the rear frame, I could connect a sled or deer cart to it which would make hauling a deer out of the woods much easier. I bet I could find one used on Craigslist and would be much cheaper and more compact compared to a 4-wheeler.

Before the "just drag it out" crowd chimes in, I have borderline fibrosis so it not a matter of laziness...though I'm not above being lazy if there's an advantage to it.

The centrifugal clutch would be your limiting issue I'd venture to guess.

I had an older one in High school. My first thought is not enough torque. What is the terrain like? A deer cart is hard enough in the woods to control by myself. The sled sounds like a better idea. But in my mind it seems like an accident waiting to happen. I would spend a little more for a 4 wheeler. If that's an option.

Back