• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anybody else tried Lite boots?

neonomad

SH Member

Mine just arrived today, I’m not associated with the company just interested to see if anyone else wears em?

Initial impressions is they’re crazy light, yes feel like Crocs, but I wouldn’t want to step on a thorn… I’ve never owned Tingleys so I can’t really compare and contrast.

Mine just arrived today, I’m not associated with the company just interested to see if anyone else wears em?

Initial impressions is they’re crazy light, yes feel like Crocs, but I wouldn’t want to step on a thorn… I’ve never owned Tingleys so I can’t really compare and contrast.
Pictures of the ones you got?

Pictures of the ones you got?
Size 11… oh and they seem to need to do some serious offgassing, the smell is a new one to me and fairly strong. Gonna put some miles on em in the next few months, hiking and food plotting.

Attachments

• 72F09CCB-AA4F-417C-9AC4-2A866708DC8F.jpeg
    72F09CCB-AA4F-417C-9AC4-2A866708DC8F.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 43E068B4-C7F7-47A0-9770-2587E680CFC2.jpeg
    43E068B4-C7F7-47A0-9770-2587E680CFC2.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 135
  • E26B9023-8760-4119-8EF6-24688C0EE19C.jpeg
    E26B9023-8760-4119-8EF6-24688C0EE19C.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 142
  • FD0B5390-4AB7-4C4D-A6B1-48D9C042D887.jpeg
    FD0B5390-4AB7-4C4D-A6B1-48D9C042D887.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Got a measurement of the height from floor top of the boot? My size 11 tingleys are 14.25". Kinda short, but I don't know if double the price is a fair trade for an extra 2" of height.

Got a measurement of the height from floor top of the boot? My size 11 tingleys are 14.25". Kinda short, but I don't know if double the price is a fair trade for an extra 2" of height.
These are right at 16”, wish I could give you a comparison to Tingleys but they’re my first lightweight boot buy.

These are right at 16”, wish I could give you a comparison to Tingleys but they’re my first lightweight boot buy.
I couldn’t find what material they’re made of from their website. Do you know?

Just got a pair delivered today. Will update after wearing in the field a few weeks.

First impressions:
1. Look kinda goofy on
2. Ridiculously light…yes, like crocs
3. Extremely comfortable

As a side, fantastic ordering experience. Arrived in 2 days from halfway across the country. Communication the whole time was on-point.

All I’ve done with them so far is weed the garden, but doing that I basically forgot they were on, all the kneeling flexing toes etc. For my foot I’d prefer the ankles were more fitting but I understand they need a universal fit, and it’s not a noticeable issue in use. I think you’d really need to pay attention if attempting to side hill. Will drop feedback here and there with more time afield.

Ended up being too lite for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok have put some miles on em… fields, woods, rocky river bottom, planting food plots… initially I expected that I was just going to want more support in a boot, but with moderate weight on my back I’ve covered some ground, hikes a few miles long at a time, and my feet have been fine and very connected to the ground. I’ve done three saddle sits in them with just a double step and a few steps on ROS as my platform, and actually felt fine. No shoe is gonna feel great standing on a stick top, also proved to myself that maybe I’m tougher than I thought. I think for sure I’m quieter in the woods with em than I am in my Lacrosses, not a bad rubber type boot for when noise really matters. I do get an occassional rub spot on the inside of the top of my arch, thicker socks help. As temps cool I’ll still probably go with a heavier rubber boot but overall I’d give these a thumbs up. When I head to the garage to do something outside and it’s wet, that’s when they really shine, go on and off like slippers, they’re my first choice for frequent trips like that in and out of the house. Overall happy with the purchase.

It just occurred to me that these might offer an excellent lightweight late season option: Wiggys + Lite boot + Arctic Shield boot cover… with or without toe warmer. The boots smaller profile makes the boot cover easier, I’m going to try this.

Which wiggys product were you thinking?
I don’t know much about them, the taller socks I believe? Going to order today and can follow up w total system weight but wearing the socks and the boots in, then adding the Covers after the climb seems pretty convenient at least on paper…

i just picked up a pair of tingley airgos off of amazon. my 5lb cabela boots are done. normally i'm 10.5, so i ordered 11 per the amazon recommendation.

feels like i'm going to need 2 pair of socks which is fine due to needed insulation. hoping to avoid the artic shields but they are on stand by.

i showed them off to my wife. her response, "are you too cheap to order some real boots?"

i just picked up a pair of tingley airgos off of amazon. my 5lb cabela boots are done. normally i'm 10.5, so i ordered 11 per the amazon recommendation.

feels like i'm going to need 2 pair of socks which is fine due to needed insulation. hoping to avoid the artic shields but they are on stand by.

i showed them off to my wife. her response, "are you too cheap to order some real boots?"
I’ve been wanting to get some of these but also with the wader type chaps to cross ditches and things. Let me know how the boots do for you. The way people talk about them being so light I figure I wouldn’t mind just strapping them to my pack when I’m at my hunting tree.

I’ve been wanting to get some of these but also with the wader type chaps to cross ditches and things. Let me know how the boots do for you. The way people talk about them being so light I figure I wouldn’t mind just strapping them to my pack when I’m at my hunting tree.
I haven’t bought the Wiggys Lamilite socks yet, but plan to…. @iamcorey those might be something to consider for warmth.

I bought some slightly heavier boot/wader chaps before this past season as well, and they’ve been awesome for up the river assaults, no regrets on that purchase. I usually wear em right to the point I’m about to cut into the woods and then stash em somewhere and put em back on, on the way back to the truck.

1st morning with them. As for warmth. Cold and 15-20mph windy. Wore two pair of socks, darn tough socks and some bison hair socks I got from [mention]Redbeard [/mention] . Toes didn’t get cold until 0945, so I consider it a success.

As for comfort, they are very comfy. Hiked a mile to the stand and they are much better than the cabela budget bricks I’ve been wearing. Actually made it to the stand 20 minutes quicker due “training” walks all season with 5lb boots. :)

On stand comfort, not sure as the JX3 keeps me seated. Climbing was no issue.

Overall it’s the best $60 I’ve spent all season.

The things are awesome. Got the Yoder chaps and you can barely tell they are on your feet. I’ve just got to figure out how to quite them down when walking now. I’m usually a 12 in most things and these fit a little big, if I have those massive wool redhead socks on they fit perfect. I picked up a pair of Magellan sleep pants for $6 to wear over them when I’m in stand and they work well for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back