• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anybody running Timber Ninja C1s lately? Any word on updates to the design?

GraySquirrel

I'm in the market for new sticks. I've been using chopped up Lone Wolf originals forever and I'm over them.

The TN C1s seem like a decent option and have a few things I like:
Quiet or at least not metallic sounding
Lightweight
Double Step (Hallelujah!)
Come with aiders, I can literally open the box, slip on my Amsteel ropes and roll
I'm not a big dude at 145 pounds, so not overly concerned about stressing the plastic step

I also noticed in a YouTube vid from back in January that Jason mentioned updates for 2022:
1) Aluminum step option
2) Longer standoff for more foot clearance

I'm new here, but searched around and didn't see much mention of any buzz about these lately. Anybody a fan? Any huge reasons I wouldn't want to own them?

Meateater.com has the camo ones in stock with "free" retractable aiders according to their site.

Catman from catman outdoors youtube has them and near as I remember he's been using them for a couple seasons. The retractable aider ones.

I have carbon fiber TN sticks. I don't use them much but they're fine, they're also the only sticks I've tried. The step can pivot a little because it's only attached with a one flat head. I don't think it's a huge deal but it would be nice it it didn't pivot a little. I weigh more like 210-220, they have creaked a few times but it's not loud and not metallic or anything

I had them and sent them back. Too much flex on the steps and very little foot space. I’m 5’8”, 165 with a 9 boot. These were the original sticks.

I'd like to buy a set but the price is prohibitive, especially with some of the issues. Do they ever go on sale? I like the light weight and the retractable aider is slick.

I'd like to buy a set but the price is prohibitive, especially with some of the issues. Do they ever go on sale? I like the light weight and the retractable aider is slick.
Unless you've gotta have them now I'd suggest holding off. I think two other companies are supposed to have carbon fiber sticks coming out. Not sure about their pricing or TN sales. Thanksgiving is probably as likely as anytime though.

Also FWIW, I thought the aider was sweet too. The one I have with one has coated steel cable and it is the one I leave at home. A soft aider would pack better but be harder to use

Edit: I should add I like a multi step aider better anyway though. The retractable might be the ticket for others

This thread came back to life, lol

I ended up buying some EWO sticks from a guy and they are great.

I'd have loved the quietness of the non-metal sticks, but wasn't ready to jump before hearing if anyone else was still digging them.

I appreciate y'all's input.

Back