• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone doing any mods to the LWCG ambush?

johnw91

I got a chance to use a LWCG ambush yesterday and really liked the overall size and weight of the unit. What i didnt like was that I could not for the life of me get it to "lock" down the way my predator does. Eventually after pushing on the sides it started to loosen up on me. Has anyone figured out a way to help with this? I saw that one person had ground down the teeth and that seemed to help? Really interested in buying one for the extra platform size, but not at the expense of noise and flex. Thanks!

The ambush doesn't cam like the predator for sure. On most trees you have to start camming from the halfway position. There's a knack to setting everything from wild edge steps, to a ROS, to a platform, to tether height. My ambush locks down fine, it just has a little sponge on the sides because it's about as wide as a hang-on platform without cable supports.

I haven't felt a need to mod mine.

Also, the benefit to me of having an ambush is you don't have to side load it to cover all your shots. You can spin and shuffle your feet to hit all the angles. No other platform really has the square footage (inchage?) to do that. If I wanted to side load a platform, I'd get a treesuit. Or just use a ring of steps.

First time posting. But these are the mods I did to my ambush. I took 2 inches out of the angle. Can actually cam it normally now and use a daisy chain. Works just like a predator now just bigger. Able to also toe hook it now. Just need to do some final clean up and paint it. I think I got a keeper now. I might add a couple teeth right in the middle yet since the gap got bigger but gotta play with it some more in some different sized trees. So far it seems like it flexes less and is quieter to set up. Makes zero noise while in use. Screenshot_20200310-182826.pngScreenshot_20200310-182826.pngScreenshot_20200310-182823.pngScreenshot_20200310-182819.pngScreenshot_20200310-182815.pngScreenshot_20200310-182809.png

I finished up modding my ambush today. I ended up changing the teeth alittle bit to get a better bite on small trees but it is Rock solid now. Just push down on top post until tight then cam. Can toe hook if needed. Just need the longer leveling bar and it is ready for season. Screenshot_20200321-203402.pngScreenshot_20200321-203342.pngScreenshot_20200321-203319.pngScreenshot_20200321-203302.pngScreenshot_20200321-203250.png

Yeah it really annoyed me the way it cammed and not being able to use a versastrap or daisy chain. For the life of me I can't figure out why they made the angle so extreme. Otherwise I love the size of it. Works the way I want it to now. So all is good.

Back