• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone else in/near NEPA?

cmonsta

I want to try the saddle life real bad but I don’t have the money to lose if it doesn’t work out. I was hoping someone around (very willing to travel) the Poconos would be willing to show me the ropes, literally. I have made the switch to mostly public land hunting and want to get more mobile. I think this will be the way! Hoping someone can help me test drive before I buy! I can repay in fishing trips or good lunches or something lol. Looking forward to learning on here, but hopefully in person soon as well! Thank you!!!

I’m in Berwick and also new. When I get my stuff I’d love to meet up with you. We can compare notes and “hang” out!

I’m going to order the WE ladder steps. I’ve been reluctant because they take payment upon order. I’ve had experience with companies folding up and keeping deposits. However, I’m going to order in a month or I won’t get them in time to practice. I’m going to splice my own ropes and make a fleece saddle. I have webbing I will use with it, I’m still working on design.
I can’t see spending 200 bucks for a saddle.
Kindest Regards,
Ben

Awesome I look forward to seeing how it all turns out!!

Hey cmonsta. I moved to Canadensis (East of Mt. Pocono) last year, been hunting out of a saddle for about 10 years. I'm currently transitioning from an old Trophyline saddle to the Aero Hunter Kite this season, and adding the WEI Stepps/Perch so I can hit some of the public land in the region. Would love to meet up and swap info.

Back