• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone ever dyed clothes?

DanielB89

I have a set of cabelas extreme coveralls that are as warm as anything i've ever worn, but the color is horrible for this area. Anyone ever added a few stripes on their clothes just to break the color up some?

If anyone knows of somewhere that may do this, let me know. I'd really love to add the ASAT camo (or similar) to that pattern.

I've seen a lot of guys use RIT dye to make the ACU bdus stomach-able. Guess you could use a squirt bottle or sponge if you want to target only a small area.

Don’t know if this will help you but they make fabric markers and paint FYI.

@redsquirrel, I found one of those kits after I typed this. I wish there was a way to make them look decent. I am trying to remember the camo pattern, but it escapes me and my work firewall wont let me pull up cabelas. lol.

I don't really want to dye it all, I just want to add a few stripes or something that will break up the outline. I had a doe last year that walked up, having no idea of my location, and then just busted me out of the blue. It looked almost as if she noticed me out of the corner of her eye.

My buddy walking up said that the camo pattern stuck out like crazy.

I have also thought about just wearing my ghillie suit over the clothes. I feel like that would help as well, but that could make it pretty bulky.

Long story short, I found the coveralls at a great discount buying them second hand, but I wasn't able to pick my size or anything like that. The deal was too good to pass up but they're a little too large for me (2xl), but I believe that has contributed to the warmth from them. . The warmth of them is incredible. The weight is a little much, but the packability is better than anything i've ever used.

Back