• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone ever use "Huntin Fool" service (or other like it)?

LiverEatingJoe

Company helps with licencing and what-not for hunting in western states, etc.

I know you can just DIY with most of these hunts but for someone that just hunts southeast whitetails and hogs like myself, this help would be a boon.

They have varying degrees of service from research up to full application services. It really depends on what your goals are, how valuable your time is, how capable you are at doing your own research, etc. The free resources are out there, the same ones they use to generate their data, but you have to put the time in to interpret it.

They are also geared largely toward high-end trophy hunters and guys that like to play the points schemes. For your average dude that just likes to go on an OTC hunt every couple years I don't see very much value.

And remember, any of those services that do ratings or recommendations, they are giving the same ratings and recs to everyone. In doing so they essentially steer demand, kinda the cart driving the horse so to speak. If you want to get even a little bit conspiracy-minded, potentially they do so a bit nefariously for the benefit of a privileged class of prostaffer types and high dollar clients. Sorta like the hidden ball magic trick...hey look over there dummies, that's where all the good hunting is! Then send their guys in the other direction. So knowing that, I'll let you trust their info to the degree you think makes sense.

Back