• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone from Alabama

I'm not from there but I went to college at Auburn and my wife went to college in Bham at Sanford University. I also have a bunch of family that lives there so we go through there quite a bit. If it helps in anyway.

Where you at know?
If you like big city's it might be right up you alley.
There's world class fishing all over the state. Good hunting there.
I live a few hours north of there in Lewisburg, Tn and I hear it's a ****hole the city it's self. But I have know first hand knowledge of it.

the one and only "ImThere"

Moving that way this summer. I refuse to live in any big city. Been looking for land to build on 30-40 min north of the city. Heck I don't even like having neighbors. We got 10 acres of woods here in Gulfport Ms and live in the middle of it. Love the privacy. Front yard is like a backyard. Plan to have the same thing in Alabama.

I have a buddy who lives just N of Oneonta. It's beautiful country in those foot hills & close to Bankhead National Forest.

Bham is nice. So is northern Alabama in general. Great hunting.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Cbigbear said:
I have a buddy who lives just N of Oneonta. It's beautiful country in those foot hills & close to Bankhead National Forest.

Thats the general area I'm looking at. Actually just south of Oneonta because Oneonta is about an hour commute to Birmingham. A little too far. I've only searched and studied property and communities online but I have the Spring Fling Trad shoot in a couple weeks that way and will visit some of my top pics.

I have a cousin in Chelsea just outside of Birmingham and he loves it. I've been to most of the major cities in the U.S. and Bham is one of my favorites. Most of my family lives on Lookout mtn or Sand Mtn and work in Chatanooga.

Back