• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone have a game cart to recommend?

Thill

My Spring scouting has lead me to a piece of public land that requires a 2 mile walk from the nearest parking. The area is 90% hardwoods and 10% riverbottoms/marsh. I will be hunting mostly the transition between the two, but as the season goes on, I'm sure I'll move into the thick n nasty stuff along the river.

Unfortunately, most of my hunting partners are married and buried and do not have the time or desire to hike as far back as I go, so game cart will be very important during solo hunts.

Lots of brands and styles out on the market. Anyone have one to recommend?

Thanks!

if you can weld, id recommend building your own. that away it would be set up to your own liking. I built mine about 20 years ago and I got it adapted to fit behind a bike for hunting wma land.
oh yea. I got $12 in this one

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m going to go with a dead sled, or something similar. They roll up nice and compact so I can leave it inside the cab of my truck. I hunt 1.5-2.5 hours from the house and would rather not worry about a cart being stoked out of the back, much less having to load it on every trip.
0b0204369aacecfe36bf0df7335e3a16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id like that to keep in my boat for hunting the waterway. were u get it?

I’m going to go with a dead sled, or something similar. They roll up nice and compact so I can leave it inside the cab of my truck. I hunt 1.5-2.5 hours from the house and would rather not worry about a cart being stoked out of the back, much less having to load it on every trip.
0b0204369aacecfe36bf0df7335e3a16.jpg

Cut 'em up! I hardly ever drag one out anymore, even if it's less than 100yards. If it's not legal, be sure to write your CEO and let him know he's a silly-head expecting folks to drag a deer 2 miles out. Screw that noise.

I understand not leaving guts on the roadside or in a food plot, but guts in the woods and swamps rarely make it past the second night.

Cut 'em up! I hardly ever drag one out anymore, even if it's less than 100yards. If it's not legal, be sure to write your CEO and let him know he's a silly-head expecting folks to drag a deer 2 miles out. Screw that noise.

I understand not leaving guts on the roadside or in a food plot, but guts in the woods and swamps rarely make it past the second night.

we do that also

we do that also
It was a bit of a learning curve for me, but there's no comparison. I can have 40lbs of meat on my back in maybe 20 minutes. I skin and debone the quarters and throw it all in a trash bag. No stopping to rest on the way back out and all I have to do at camp is throw it on ice, shower, and drink a beer. I've also, no lie, shot a doe while I was cleaning a pig that way. Put them both in the same pack.

This might be the best solution! Game bags are cheap and I already have a good pack for this. I'll check the laws in MI.

Heck, even if the refs require whole animal, I field dress.
Opening the chest cavity and removing everything is of utmost importance in warm weather. If challenged for leaving a gut pile I would say that allowing the meat to spoil, when I could easily take steps prevent it, would be a violation of the wanton waste laws of Texas

Heck, even if the refs require whole animal, I field dress.
Opening the chest cavity and removing everything is of utmost importance in warm weather. If challenged for leaving a gut pile I would say that allowing the meat to spoil, when I could easily take steps prevent it, would be a violation of the wanton waste laws of Texas

EXACTLY!

This is why I oppose weigh-in stations and no-field-dressing rules. There are better ways to achieve what they try to accomplish. Ways that aren't a massive pain in my saddle-padding and don't result in spoilt meat.

Back