• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone know what this is?

Bwhana

SH Member
I almost put my hand on this thing on a tree today while coaching @KelvinM12 with some saddle testing. It was stretched out over 14" or so and looked like a snake, but had a hammerhead like a shark. I sprayed some deet on it and it shrunk to about 4" long and produced massive slime like a slug or snail, so has to be some relative. I have never seen one before and hope I never do while climbing in the dark with a bare hand - it would certainly turn the saddle into a diaper if I did! Any ideas on the real identity, just curious for knowledge sake now?
725c3a09fd1cc7ea2103a027bc9c3b72.jpg
85830b63ece5080ac74607cc86231370.jpg

Didn't have time do anything until now, but figured someone would know. Thx, that is exactly it was, and again, I don't get freaked out by bugs and snakes, but this was a horror show creature! Watch out in the tree for them.

That’s incredible. That would blow my mind to see something like that. I would expect to see something like that only in the tropics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s incredible. That would blow my mind to see something like that. I would expect to see something like that only in the tropics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have had what feels like 100 ft of rain this summer and monsoons daily!

Last edited:
If I was ever climbing a tree and came upon that I would be guaranteed broken bones from hitting the ground as fast as lightning, I have to wait outside the snake building at the local zoo as my son cruises through, I wish I skipped this thread LOL

I hunted FL most of my life before I moved to KY and never saw one of those I had scorpions run out of the bark wha climbing Not Good!!!:openmouth:

Last edited:
That’s some scary sci-fi/horror thing right there! Yikes.

Im convinced that’s an alien.

Man I’d freak if I saw one of those hammerheads on my tree. I’m not bothered by snakes but those bug me for some reason

This one is dead at least, since it was during a hunting related activity, I get to add that to my harvest list. Should be worth at least 20 points in the 2020 contest!
I read somewhere that with those you have to make sure to completely smash every part of it or it can grow back from just small pieces so they say the best thing to do is spray it with orange oil! If this thing can grow back from small pieces it has to be an alien!!!

Back