• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone not use a backpack?

justlooking

Particularly early season when you don’t need extra layers. Was thinking about zip tying some army surplus shoulder straps to my predator platform and gear tying my WE steps to the other side. Any thoughts or pictures of a similar setup?

I've considered trying to find a variation of this that works with a WE kydex holster
66f051773d97a8b8e9e532cefde10e5b.jpg
e9655757efaf8a7b2a091d1481c4165b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I managed to get everything I really need in dump pouches connected to my saddle and my pockets. I had to pick and choose my gear based on the situation but it worked fine.

In the end I decided it just made sense to roll with my back pack that is extremely small. I don’t pack much so it wasn’t worth having to think about what I wanted to take or leave behind just to shed a few pieces of small gear.

My tether/rappel line goes in my right pouch, my carabiners and rappelling gear/call goes in the other. Knife clipped into the molle.Throw the webbing aider on my helium stick over my shoulder and away I go. No need for a pack

Last edited:
I'll wear a fanny pack just for water and snacks sometimes.

Single stick it and use my aider as a sling for the stick. Ring of steps in the fanny pack. I could add pouches to the saddle to carry the extra stuff and might but as of right now its about as light as it gets without going to bolts.

Back