• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone tried 2 pins?

NATHAN

SH Member
I just set my bow up with only two pins. The bottom pin is on at 5 yards and 30 yards. The top pin is on at 23 yards. Everything I shoot between five and 30 yards will be on or in between the 2 pins. The pins are touching each other. The arrow in flight does not go above the top pin or below the bottom pin within 30 yards. Anybody for it or against it?

I got the iq pro hunter sight and I keep the floater (3rd pin) down at the bottom for hunting. Just work with my 20 & 30 pin. That’s all I need for whitetails as far as distance. I like it so far. The spot Hogg double pin has peak my interest and might be next years sight.

Sent from parts unknown

I shot a 4 pin sight last year and had only 2 of the pins sighted in and the other 2 dropped to the bottom of the sight. The 1st pin was sighted 1 inch high at 20 and 1 inch low at 30 while the 2and pin was for 40. Shooting a heavier arrow this year so I'm actually using 3 of the 4

I shot a single pin for years, got a different used bow and dropped 2 pins from the 5 pin target sight that was on it. I just switched to a HHA, but I had is sighted at 15, 25 and 40(for practice) which is the same concept. Worked really well.

I've shot a 20 and 35 yard 2 pin for years. Very clean sight picture but for me, more versatile in a hunting situation than a single pin.

Last edited:
I use a single pin adjustable, my bow is pretty darn fast so 5-25 it doesn’t move much 25-40 it moves a little, and as expected 40+ the site travels quite a bit. I usually practice to 65-70, but then keep my shots within 40, most are within 20.

2 pin sounds cool. There have been times where I lamented not having fixed pins, b/c the adjustable is just one more movement when you are trying to get a shot off, but what I like about the single is that the pin is vertical, not horizontal, meaning the pin doesn’t interfere with the body of the animal. I can use the whole pin to align the the leg of the deer, then move the tip of the pin onTo my target, it makes for wicked fast target acquisition. and has helped me get off at least one shot that came together super fast.

I got the iq pro hunter sight and I keep the floater (3rd pin) down at the bottom for hunting. Just work with my 20 & 30 pin. That’s all I need for whitetails as far as distance. I like it so far. The spot Hogg double pin has peak my interest and might be next years sight.

Sent from parts unknown
I shoot the 2 pin spot Hogg and luv it!! You can set up to dial your distance for top pin/bottom pin, Or use as a 2 pin fixed. Just know that you can’t adjust the pins separately. I have mine set for 20/30 now but further out you set with heavy arrows the margin gets smaller on gap between pins. For example- if I adjust dial to make my top pin 30 the bottom pin is 34/35(not 40).

I used a single pin for years but thought about going back to 2/3 pins since my arrow is 682 grains and is only 250fps.
Then I got that EZV used for a trial and I won’t be looking back any time soon. Practice with my glen dell buck and I’m amazed at the simplicity and the accuracy.
Practiced in the tree last weekend while someone below moved the deer to different distances and spots around the tree. Never needed to range anything and always in the vitals. I can see the entire vital v when i pull trigger. Love it.

Ordered a custom Sword sight a few years ago with first pin larger diameter. 15/ 25 yards! All green pins! Really nice sight.

3rd pin is 35 yard but is spaced pretty good because of heavier/slower arrow. Really only use the first 2 pins. 3rd pin is just for 2nd shot opportunity if needed.

Have a great season!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I used a single pin for years but thought about going back to 2/3 pins since my arrow is 682 grains and is only 250fps.
Then I got that EZV used for a trial and I won’t be looking back any time soon. Practice with my glen dell buck and I’m amazed at the simplicity and the accuracy.
Practiced in the tree last weekend while someone below moved the deer to different distances and spots around the tree. Never needed to range anything and always in the vitals. I can see the entire vital v when i pull trigger. Love it.

the Ez V is a great site, I got one this week and within 10-15 I was drilling the heart at 40, 50, and 60 of my target With my heavy arrow setup! No plans to shot that far but 20-30 is simple. Did I mention how fast and easy to get on target! Game changer bow sight!

I have used a single pin sight for years but I don't use it as a "slider." I sight my single pin in to be in the vital zone of a deer sized game animal (8" pie plate sized vitals) so when I see a deer, I can just hold on the "elbow" of the deer just behind his front leg and be on at point blank range out to about 32 yards. If the deer is within that yardage area around my stand there is no adjusting or sliding of the sight, I just hold for that "elbow" and release. At the further ranges I will still hold at that point because the deer are still fast enough to "jump the string" and dodge the arrow. This takes some time on the sighting range but I believe my pin is around the 17yard mark for my setup which again, allows me to hold right on that elbow. I went to a heavier arrow this year so I am still adjusting my sights to be sure. My setups never allow me a clear shot out to 40 yards so I do not worry about that. This keeps it simple in the woods for me and I have used this method for years with success.

Back