• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone use the ARC saddle?

HotPickle

Hey everyone! I'm in the market for my first saddle. I'm in Ontario, so with ARC being Canadian it would save me a ton of money (but I want to make a good choice).

Does anyone have experience with the ARC saddle? Anyone knows how it compares to the mantis or kestrel?

I don’t know if anyone has bought one.
I’ve got the ladder. It’s very quiet and won’t damage the tree. Do wear a boot heavy enough to protect your foot. I found it hurts my feet in shoes.

I’m not sure if the ARC has loops to hook up a lineman’s belt. I can’t tell from the pictures.

I don’t think anyone here will climb without something to secure them to the tree.

Their video doesn’t show the use of a LB.

If it does, go for it and let us know.

Most of us canucks in here are from Ontario.

I’m from the Belleville area.

Welcome to the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @fawnzy! I'm Southeast of London.

Thanks for the heads up on the lineman belt, I didn't even realize there wasn't one in the video. Glad I made this post. I might give them a call tomorrow and ask some questions.

Sounds like a good idea. @Ontariofarmer isn’t far from you. Hit him up when you get a chance. He’s played around with a few saddles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back