• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone using stealth cams?

ctbreitwieser

I'm looking at getting some more cameras for this season, and have been looking between Browning strike force and stealth cams. I know the Browning's are going to be good, but some of the better stealth cam options can get me 3 for the price of 2 Browning's. However, I'm willing to pay a little more for better battery life and less aggrevation if that's going to be there case with the stealth cams. Anyone using stealth cams, and if so what models?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have one stealth cam. Cant remember what model it is. It could just be an issue with my camera but it doesnt always take pics. Ive walked by it and got pic of me walking to my stand then later in the day i watched a couple of buck sparing in front of the camera and got 0 pics of them. Then i got a pic of me comin back to check it after that hunt. I have dropped that cam so im sure it has issues.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

I bought a stealthcam while it was on sale. I actually took the time to to the warranty card, which i usually don't do. Put it out for 4weeks and the lens filled with water. I called to warranty and the guy on the phone told me warranty doesn't cover rain/moisture.

Have a g42 that is garbage. Sometimes the batteries will die in days, sometimes it lasts a couple weeks. When I called them they would give me a discount on a new camera. I told them no thanks. The field and stream near me used to do a nice discount on bushnell E3's for exchanging any camera in any condition that I'm hoping they do again. Keep your eyes out for sales on brownings you can usually get them for around 100 although I haven't seen dark ops that low for quite a while. You might still be able to get 25% off an Exodus (5yr warranty).

I will only buy Exodus trail cameras going forward. Great quality and a ridiculous 5 year warranty.

I am completely making this stat up but I would guess only 1 in 20 new stealth cams (made after 2017) last longer than 5 years.

Back