• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone want to buy an Aerohunter???

320thmp

Ok guys I am done... lol. I have a size 1 Aerohunter for about 6 months now. I have more time spent in it in the last 6 months than I have in the field hunting the last two years. I have adjusted it every which way possible and it simply is horrible when it comes to comfort. Tonight I hunted in it for 4 hours, after an hour it was actually painful. I have bruise marks on my hips starting (Ive had them before from this thing) its basically like a torture contraption. lol. Its either pinching my hips or the leg straps are to tight around the crotch area and it pinches there. I am not sure how anyone can be comfortable in this thing. For me its not only uncomfortable, its actually painful. I have kept a positive attitude about it for the 6 months I have owned it but at this point I give up. A tree stand shouldn't be painful. Worst part is I love the concept, being able to wear my stand everywhere and have trees that are prepped really fits the way I like to hunt. I even bought the back strap so I can lean back. I am a size 35 or 36 waist. I am not sure if its just to small and I need a size 2 or not but this just isnt working for me. If anyone has any suggestions before I sell or burn this thing please feel free to chime in. lol. I also have a web which is prolly the most comfortable stand I have ever sat in. I just dont like carrying around the web cause its bulky and I cant put my back pack on with it. I would be willing to listen to any advice (I am very open minded and will try anything to get it to work cause like I said I love the concept) or I would trade it for a climber or just sell it if anyone is interested.

Buy a leather Trophyline size large.

Thanks for size check. I'll look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok guys I am done... lol. I have a size 1 Aerohunter for about 6 months now. I have more time spent in it in the last 6 months than I have in the field hunting the last two years. I have adjusted it every which way possible and it simply is horrible when it comes to comfort. Tonight I hunted in it for 4 hours, after an hour it was actually painful. I have bruise marks on my hips starting (Ive had them before from this thing) its basically like a torture contraption. lol. Its either pinching my hips or the leg straps are to tight around the crotch area and it pinches there. I am not sure how anyone can be comfortable in this thing. For me its not only uncomfortable, its actually painful. I have kept a positive attitude about it for the 6 months I have owned it but at this point I give up. A tree stand shouldn't be painful. Worst part is I love the concept, being able to wear my stand everywhere and have trees that are prepped really fits the way I like to hunt. I even bought the back strap so I can lean back. I am a size 35 or 36 waist. I am not sure if its just to small and I need a size 2 or not but this just isnt working for me. If anyone has any suggestions before I sell or burn this thing please feel free to chime in. lol. I also have a web which is prolly the most comfortable stand I have ever sat in. I just dont like carrying around the web cause its bulky and I cant put my back pack on with it. I would be willing to listen to any advice (I am very open minded and will try anything to get it to work cause like I said I love the concept) or I would trade it for a climber or just sell it if anyone is interested.

I am 36 waist for jeans but 39 by aero hunters recommendation. So I am a size 2. Look on the web site for sizing. Do not go by jean siZe

I wear a 36 pant and a size 1 aero hunter and it fits me perfect.

I'm very sorry to hear about your troubles. I agree that a tree stand should not be causing you any pain. This is supposed to be fun.

My first impression is that something is not adjusted optimally for you and that is what is causing your problems. It could be anything from the adjustments on the saddle to your tree strap height. If you want to try to work through this before you sell it, why don't you post up some pictures of you set up and we can take a look and see if we can spot anything.

My first suggestion would to be to loosen up all of the straps on the aero hunter and then adjust them until they just start putting pressure on the areas they touch.

I know that this should help with the leg straps. I periodically have this problem and have to readjust the straps, even if I just put another layer of clothing on. I have never had a problem with hip pinch in this saddle so you will have to find the adjustment that works. Sometimes an adjustment of just 1/4 or 1/2 inch can make the difference. Good luck, I hope you keep at it.

X2 what Red said. Something is off. With any harness sizing is critical. I wear a size 36 pant but my saddle is a size 2. My rc harness is a XXl which made me think I was fat or something lol. But it all fits and allows a little room to adjust so that is comfortable. I would call Newtribe and see if they would swap to a size 2. They have excellent customer service and will work at keeping you a customer.

X2 what Red said. Something is off. With any harness sizing is critical. I wear a size 36 pant but my saddle is a size 2. My rc harness is a XXl which made me think I was fat or something lol. But it all fits and allows a little room to adjust so that is comfortable. I would call Newtribe and see if they would swap to a size 2. They have excellent customer service and will work at keeping you a customer.
I would call new tribe and talk to them about your body shape and see which size they think is better. X2 on the customer sevice.

Thanks guys. This is great info. I think I will call them to exchange. I really feel like I need the bigger one. I will keep everyone posted and post pics. I will make an attempt to adjust this thing again. I really want to make it work.

Well I just measured my waist at the naval and it turns out I am a fat a$& lol. 40.5 inches. I'm guessing I need a size 2??

Well I just measured my waist at the naval and it turns out I am a fat a$& lol. 40.5 inches. I'm guessing I need a size 2??

Based off the sizing chart yes. But as far as the belt portion, do you keep it tight when you hunt? As soon as I set up in the tree I loosen it up, otherwise it puts pressure on my stomach. As long as I have enough free on the tag ends to tighten the belt, the belt size wouldn't make a difference to me.

Based off the sizing chart yes. But as far as the belt portion, do you keep it tight when you hunt? As soon as I set up in the tree I loosen it up, otherwise it puts pressure on my stomach. As long as I have enough free on the tag ends to tighten the belt, the belt size wouldn't make a difference to me.

Well I called them and I also measured my waist which is 38. Talked to a Debbie. She said she would talk to owner and get back to me. I usually unclip the belt in the tree or at least loosen it

im new to the aerohunter and still playing around with the legs strap set up. Im only about a 30 waist, i think I just need to keep adjusting to find the sweet spot

Ok so I got to tree early today determined to start fresh with this thing. I actually re installed the adjustment rope to the bridge and backed my stop knot to the end so I had full adjustment range. Like an idiot i totally forgot I could do that which I'll get to in a minute. I got up the tree and back all the adjustments out. Got the belt and leg straps set which I made sure the belt was tweaked better than I ever had it before, spent some time on it. I also backed the sling down my legs until the legs straps weren't binding, then I back off the sling until my weight was distributed evenly. It actually made it bearable. So now instead of pain I felt a slight pinch on my hips. I set the tree tether rope as high as I can get it, I then adjusted the bridge all the way out till I was almost to the end of the rope. To my surprise it took all the pinching away. It was actually comfortable! I sat for 5 hours. No problem. Couldn't be happier, I feel like an idiot though cause when I got it I eliminated the adjustment for the bridge and just tied a stop knot at 28". The longer bridge was the key for me. I still think I need a size 2 but it's way better to the point of actually being comfortable. Boswells video on you tube was a real help for me.

I used to get hip pinch until I found the best combination of adjustments to fit my body. I have found that loosening or unbuckling the waist belt helps with back and stomach pressure. The best adjustment I have found was loosening the straps on the back that connect the seat to the belt. The seat cradles your butt better and the belt supports your back better. I have been on 5 all day sits so far this year in my evolution and after getting the adjustments right have never felt uncomfortable. I like a head high tether and like to adjust it so that my butt is slightly higher than my knees. I also have a 24" fixed bridge. Helps reduce the clutter of the added rope. Hope this helps some!

Thank you. I still think I need a size 2. The sling itself that your butt sits in ends right on the side of my hip on both sides. and that's where it's digging in. I think if that sling were a little bigger it would be a ton more comfortable for me.

Debbie from aerohunter got back to me, they can not exchange it for a size 2 due to the time that has gone by from my purchase which is pretty crappy. She also said that I am right on the border line as far as size goes and they recommend the size 1 however the size 2 may be more comfortable for me. If I sold it to someone on here I would have to wait 3 to 4 weeks to get the new one so I am kinda stuck for now. I am going to have to make this work for the rest of the year then figure something out for next year, the season ends shortly though. Does anyone have any idea what I can get for this thing selling it here? I really hate to take a beating on it but I am sure I will to some degree.

Debbie from aerohunter got back to me, they can not exchange it for a size 2 due to the time that has gone by from my purchase which is pretty crappy. She also said that I am right on the border line as far as size goes and they recommend the size 1 however the size 2 may be more comfortable for me. If I sold it to someone on here I would have to wait 3 to 4 weeks to get the new one so I am kinda stuck for now. I am going to have to make this work for the rest of the year then figure something out for next year, the season ends shortly though. Does anyone have any idea what I can get for this thing selling it here? I really hate to take a beating on it but I am sure I will to some degree.
I bought and sold the one I had for I believe around $250 I however have seen them go for more and less. It's, all about timing. If you can find someone who can't wait the 4 weeks, you can get more. You might want to go ahead and order the second one and have them side by side to determine which fits better before selling. Make sure to account for clothing requirements of the different temps you will be hunting.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I might be interested in a few weeks. Unfortunately I tapped my Hunting and fishing budget and couldn't touch it until say Jan or Feb. don't hold it on account of me, I'll check back with you.

Back