• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

API Hunt n Sticks

shwacker

Saw that they are back in stock at bass pro for $99. Love all 4 sets of mine, especially modded. I know a lot have gone the helium route. These are just another nice option at that budget price.

198196d02a8024481c8a777713ed9aa4.jpg
f4ea911738ae79536e00e31173f4dba8.jpg
1f18a01a315a601742005dafb37ead25.jpg
8dc83f3dab17441f0ccbfa18d62e0e8b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that's a lotta holes to drill! Nice work!

And I thought I had a climbing stick obsession!

Man that's a lotta holes to drill! Nice work!

And I thought I had a climbing stick obsession!

Man I tell ya, it’s was a pain for 3.5 oz a stick. I had a drill press, I’d never recommend it without one, even with it it was a pain and a full day. Happy with the end result though. Looks good and did save me over a half pound per set. Yeah I have an obsession and like to bounce around

You can see in the pics, 2lb 10oz cut to 24 inch. With holes drilled and countersunk 2lb 6oz.

I have one set with LW standoffs which are 1.5 oz lighter than the api/muddy standoffs. So that’s another 3oz per stick

Great info! I really like my API’s- can’t wait to try them after cutting them down and adding an aider on each of the 6.

51aeb40efaa20899da63c86e65408356.jpg
971612bd06378ee3136ef85202b0ec05.jpg

Saw that they are back in stock at bass pro for $99. Love all 4 sets of mine, especially modded. I know a lot have gone the helium route. These are just another nice option at that budget price.

1f18a01a315a601742005dafb37ead25.jpg

I like that bottom stick flipped, I'm gonna have to do that lol

How well do these stack together compared to hawk heliums or other sticks?

They stack pretty well, I put it on par with hawks, maybe a little better, less loose. Stack best with the LW standoffs. If you are taking overall height I’d have to look at my buddy’s again and compare.

My favorite thing with these is the steps have a slot cut toward the end. Perfect for a 1inch webbing aider. My aiders are maybe 2oz each. Well worth it and don’t have to move aiders or anything, nice and simple.

They stack pretty well, I put it on par with hawks, maybe a little better, less loose. Stack best with the LW standoffs. If you are taking overall height I’d have to look at my buddy’s again and compare.

My favorite thing with these is the steps have a slot cut toward the end. Perfect for a 1inch webbing aider. My aiders are maybe 2oz each. Well worth it and don’t have to move aiders or anything, nice and simple.

Looks like that’s what I’ll be going with then. Was planning on making a set of DIY sticks but these look almost the same for a 1/3 of the price. Do you have anything on those aiders to keep them spread or does the distance between the steps already do that?

Looks like that’s what I’ll be going with then. Was planning on making a set of DIY sticks but these look almost the same for a 1/3 of the price. Do you have anything on those aiders to keep them spread or does the distance between the steps already do that?

Distance between slots in the steps is plenty for me personally

Distance is probably fine but I went ahead and did a weave with paracord to prevent any pinch on a rainy day this off season.
57ad8fcea6b69707f47db248dc70dda7.jpg

For the money and a little time they are great sticks.

This set is not cut down or drilled. I attached a single step aider to each of the bottom steps. Instead of knots I used an easy stitch to have a sewn connection to the outside slot. 36C5DB03-8E19-4F17-B96F-6D84DBA3EC72.png

You order DanO parts?

Yes I did I’ve been eyeballing them for a while. Ordered everything but standoffs and his alumibutton. I plan on using the lone wolf standoff as I have a bunch and was gonna use some versa buttons I have as well but noticed another thread with some closeups of his alumibutton and man they stack sweet and look clean. I have rope mods currently but am thinking of switching to a daisy chain or amsteel just don’t know what size would be best with the sticks.

Back