• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

API Huntin Sticks Question

MFD205

Just got some API sticks. Got them so my son can hunt with me. They have a big hole just above the versa button hole. Wanting to know what it's for? Does it face backwards or forwards? Also how do you stow the straps when nesting the sticks. Have been single sticking with an Old Cypress stick and had no need to worry how it was stowed because wasn't nested. Thanks Fischer.

Last edited:
I would imagine the big hole would go to the backside so the versa button of the stick below it has a place to nest. All my sticks I wrap the strap or rope around the stick longways and hook it back on itself, then stack them all up
231ed75a3a2af00cf14ffbba25e68ced.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would imagine the big hole would go to the backside so the versa button of the stick below it has a place to nest. All my sticks I wrap the strap or rope around the stick longways and hook it back on itself, then stack them all up
231ed75a3a2af00cf14ffbba25e68ced.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After looking it may have been for when they had non recessed bolts in the versa button. It's kinda useless now.

A lot of guys cut down the api sticks and drill holes to reduce weight... so that hole could be your start...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back