• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

API huntin sticks vs Hawk Helium???

Do you like folding steps or non folding steps?
Other than that no real difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have both, but only use the Hawks. Lighter and easier to carry with folding steps and they are more solid on the tree with better standoffs. Nothing wrong with the APIs, just like the Hawks better.

I used a set of 4 cut down helium’s with rope mode and nylon webbing aiders for the last 2 seasons and loved them.

This year I switched to 5 WE steps with knaider/swaider and that’s been my go to so far. Sold the helium’s to fund their new stuff with the suction cups but didn’t wanna ditch the WE. I was faster with the helium’s but I get around an extra 5 ft with the steps in a more compact package.

Picked up the APIs and cut em down and drilled them. Got me thinking about switching to sticks again because I like the way they stack better than the helium’s did.

Pretty sure the APIs are a little heavier even cut down and drilled because the steps and standoffs are so beefy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually just weighed them.

Set of 3 helium’s cut to 24” no straps weighs in at 7.15lbs.

Set of 3 API cut to 24” and drilled with 1/2” holes no straps weighs in at 6.85lbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine are cut down to 15" total stick length and weigh 5.5 lbs as shown with @DanO alumibuttons and 1/4" amsteel ropes.
2ce67aa8105c856ee05bfb4e40a5f3e3.jpg

Back