• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

API standoff

Miboy86

Bought a pack of the API climbing sticks and been running them with a single full size lone wolf stick but I've noticed getting the API sticks to bite to the tree is becoming a pain, has anybody swapped the stand offs and what did you use, I looked on Dan's site and he only had one in stock.

Message him he’s usually good with getting back orders out in cpl days

I have. Went to lone wolfs. Ask shwacker how they work... I never used them but the mod was painless

If I recall I may of had to drill out the hole... I think API ran a bigger bolt

What trees you climbing? I don’t have issues with my API, which are the same as muddy. You can get the V bracket from lone wolf for about $10 each. They are 2.5oz VS 4oz. So will save your set about 1/2 pound. Not sure the weight on DanOs but they look very cool and everyone likes them. I have other DanO products for my platform and his stuff seems top notch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank @Anobody , working good and out of my 4 sets the ones with the LW brackets are my number ones. More for the slight weight advantage but they do grab the tree a little better too

What trees you climbing? I don’t have issues with my API, which are the same as muddy. You can get the V bracket from lone wolf for about $10 each. They are 2.5oz VS 4oz. So will save your set about 1/2 pound. Not sure the weight on DanOs but they look very cool and everyone likes them. I have other DanO products for my platform and his stuff seems top notch

Oaks and popals, I can get em to bite into the popals but they can be a bit of pain. My buddy has the stand offs from Dan and he likes em, I have some straps and ocb buckles from him. If he had more in stock I'd just try and arrange to meet up to get some since he is only 40 mins away from me.

Back