• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Appreciation post!

Bmft81

Here’s my mobile system. I need to dye the rope black and paint the platform but I’ve been hunting off of it how it is with great success. Saddle hunter has been an extremely useful resource through the process. Modified API sticks, Lone wolf seat, and DIY saddle. I have less than $200 in the whole setup. Thanks to everyone who posts Their ideas and links for resources! I can’t get the pics to load but I’ll keep trying.

Here’s my mobile system. I need to dye the rope black and paint the platform but I’ve been hunting off of it how it is with great success. Saddle hunter has been an extremely useful resource through the process. Modified API sticks, Lone wolf seat, and DIY saddle. I have less than $200 in the whole setup. Thanks to everyone who posts Their ideas and links for resources! I can’t get the pics to load but I’ll keep trying.

Screenshot the pics then post the screenshots.

Screenshot the pics then post the screenshots.
1574267321071.png1574267321071.png

Awesome man!! Would you tell us more about the saddle? Material, specs, etc.?
I actually have several that I made for myself and anyone that may hunt with me. I built them on my steel gears ⚙️ WHITE thread injector. Coats outdoor thread, 7 panel mil spec 2” seat belt webbing, tubular webbing bridge loops, 22” quarter inch amsteel fixed bridge, 1” nylon webbing leg/crotch loops, 1” mil spec nylon lashing material for the molle loops, and mil spec soft water resistant nylon fabric in woodlands camo for the butt. I also use canvas cordura in kryptec multicam on several builds. I carry my tether and linesman in standard dump pouches. I have a load bearing cobra style waist belt that I ordered from China ($4!). I haven’t done any testing to failure but I don’t have any doubts concerning integrity.
My platforms are made with aluminum standoffs, 12” x1-1/4” aluminum posts from eastern outdoors, and one has a lone wolf seat while the other is a scooter foot rest. I use a mil spec otc boat buckle and also cam over with 1/4” amsteel for a super rigid setup.

Back