• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Are these worth using??

scottprice

9F2B9866-FE49-45BE-8961-C6C248E14EE9.jpegGot these at a garage sale for $2. They are very “clinky” metal, but I figured I could flex seal them or something like that and make some squirrel steps

Sorry about the rotated photo

Last edited:
Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure they are loggy bayou and at 2$ a step were a steal. They can be annoying as a ring of steps because they can fall off the strap.

The best thing I can do is give you the opportunity to double your money and send them my way.

So it sounds like they are a decent option to at least try out before I order a platform??

Good, no, Great find.
Wrap some vet tap around them to silence them up. Maybe have a daisy chain webbing strap made for them so they can’t fall off so easily with an overcenter buckle and you should e good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they'll work fine. Use a stiffest strap you can. I climb with 10 of these. The original strap had a "loop" that they fit up through so there was a strap on the back side and the front that went through the groove area.

Pretty sure they are loggy bayou and at 2$ a step were a steal. They can be annoying as a ring of steps because they can fall off the strap.

The best thing I can do is give you the opportunity to double your money and send them my way.
and yes, they are loggy bayou steps, and you stole them. They work great as a climbing method btw....

Good, no, Great find.
Wrap some vet tap around them to silence them up. Maybe have a daisy chain webbing strap made for them so they can’t fall off so easily with an overcenter buckle and you should e good to go.
Might tack weld a 1” piece of wire across the opening to eliminate that gap

Might tack weld a 1” piece of wire across the opening to eliminate that gap
they're really not a big deal, that might work though.. if you wrap them in vet tape you wont even notice...I've never had an issue with mine falling off climbing, but the pressure is all down...the side pressure is where it could happen.

I was assuming your using them as a ring of steps.

I have those same steps wrapped in vet tape. I wrapped vet tape over where the strap goes and then cut slots in the vet tape for the strap. They work great on a strap and an OCB for a ring of steps. I paid $10 for 5 of them.

Back