• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Areohunter Kestral size 2

Drslyr

I have a one time use Kestral size 2 tricked out with rope bags 2 rope man 1's, Linesmans and tether. I bought it just before Tethrd was a company and had the funds to order a Mantis. Not even sure I wanna sell it but was curious if there was any interest with a respectable offer.

Last edited:
I bought the full kit from areohunter with all the extras figuring I could talk my hunting partner into buying it from me after seeing what a fantastic way to hunt saddle hunting is however he is an old dog who doesn't wanna learn any new tricks. No kneepads or ring of steps. Iv'e got to find the invoice to see just how much I paid for all this stuff.

just shoot me a pm my brother will buy it soon as u send a price

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

First thing is that I'm not even sure I want to sell it like I said in the first post. I'm sorry guys its a size 2. I made a mistake when I originally posted. It was only used 1 time for a bear hunt and then I got the Mantis. I found the invoice and have included it in these photos. It has a 12' tree tether. It also has 2 Ropeman 1's that were 45 each, the rope bags at $15ea and a Doyles tree hoist $35 which I camo taped.... rope version. So I figure I've got about $560 bucks into this setup. This DOES NOT INCLUDE KNEEPADS OR RING OF STEPS!!!!!! I won't break it up. All or nuthin.I don't wanna seem like an a hole but I don't need the money and I'm not going to give it away. This setup is one time use only. Make me an offer.

Pics
48cffcc183323df71d2a6e9e879b3ae1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m new to saddle hunting. Still looking for a good one. Using an old tree suit currently that’s been modded. What waist size generally speaking would be a good fit for a size 2 saddle like you have?

I’m new to saddle hunting. Still looking for a good one. Using an old tree suit currently that’s been modded. What waist size generally speaking would be a good fit for a size 2 saddle like you have?
Not to post hijack but I have a Kestrel flex and have a 38" waist, have plenty of room to spare.

2 is considered xl. I was 240 6ft. I recently had a heart attack and thru rehab I lost 45 lbs. Still fits great. I hunt in New England and western NY where hunting in -10 to -20 degrees is not unheard of so your wearing lots of clothes. My Mantis is xl also. I am a self filmer and bought the Mantis because it was lighter and with all my medical problems every ounce counts. Filming gear is heavy. I'm 63 and still climbing trees since 1972.

2 is considered xl. I was 240 6ft. I recently had a heart attack and thru rehab I lost 45 lbs. Still fits great. I hunt in New England and western NY where hunting in -10 to -20 degrees is not unheard of so your wearing lots of clothes. My Mantis is xl also. I am a self filmer and bought the Mantis because it was lighter and with all my medical problems every ounce counts. Filming gear is heavy. I'm 63 and still climbing trees since 1972.
Good on you man! Glad to hear you're still swinging from the trees. That's another reason I ordered larger, the ability to layer.

Anytime Mon Thru Thurs after work Pesqimon. And anyone else close by enough that would like to see it in person...... No problem

Back