• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Arkansas Tornados

My daughter lives in Joplin MO and they had 70 mph winds today. She works for one of the news stations down there and sent us video of some major trees down etc. praying for everyone as well!!

Yes, I'm sure hoping everyone is safe. We had one come through about 50 miles north of us early this morning. Too early to know much but definitely some damage near Tupelo and Pontotoc.

I was in Searcy, Arkansas for work. When I finished up Friday we moved up to Jonesboro to wait it out. Glad we did.
Got back home and the roof was ripped off Kith furniture less than a mile from the house, ripped all the telephone poles in half. Quite a seen.

The last batch of tornadoes missed us by about 2 miles. Ripped through the woods couple of hundred yards wide and as far as you could see all the trees were broke in half and the tops just gone. No debris on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It went south of us a couple miles. Little Rock, Jacksonville and Wynne got hit hard. I have been in a couple and worked recovery behind a couple more so I pay close attention when that sorta weather starts firing up. Where we live now is sort of odd. There is a consistent track and if a cell develops SW of us like the one Friday it either goes through LR or goes just north of us through the towns of Mayflower and Vilonia. The only thing that makes any sense to me is the geography just to our SW influences the track as it is getting here. We have had dozens of tornado's or warned storms come through since I moved here in 06 and so far they always shift and miss us by a couple miles one side or the other.

Our communities, like all tornado impacted places have lots of damage and could certainly benefit from prayers. With the timing, it is surprising there werent more deaths than there was.

It went south of us a couple miles. Little Rock, Jacksonville and Wynne got hit hard. I have been in a couple and worked recovery behind a couple more so I pay close attention when that sorta weather starts firing up. Where we live now is sort of odd. There is a consistent track and if a cell develops SW of us like the one Friday it either goes through LR or goes just north of us through the towns of Mayflower and Vilonia. The only thing that makes any sense to me is the geography just to our SW influences the track as it is getting here. We have had dozens of tornado's or warned storms come through since I moved here in 06 and so far they always shift and miss us by a couple miles one side or the other.

Our communities, like all tornado impacted places have lots of damage and could certainly benefit from prayers. With the timing, it is surprising there werent more deaths than there was.
Glad you are OK. Tornadoes are crazy creatures. We had one level a house a couple of block away from us and not touch anything else. The house next door to it was totally fine. They were only a hundred or so feet apart. I definitely don’t enjoy that part of living where we do.

Glad you are OK. Tornadoes are crazy creatures. We had one level a house a couple of block away from us and not touch anything else. The house next door to it was totally fine. They were only a hundred or so feet apart. I definitely don’t enjoy that part of living where we do.
I have seen the same thing. Knew a lady that lost a house in one that hit my home town years ago. After it past the only thing left on her lot was the slab, literally. There wasnt even any debris in the yard. Houses on both sides of hers were almost perfectly intact, lost a few shingles was about it but yards were full of debris. Looking at the path, it was like it bounced briefly just before it got to her house and came back down directly on her house and yard.

I had to drive to Memphis for work by way of Wynne today and it's one of the worst I've seen stayed just on Highway 64 and the amount I saw it stayed on the ground is crazy. Very rough for those people and their families.
Yeah it's bad over there. Have a friend over there that was in the path.

Back