• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Arrow recommendations

JBrenner

I need to get some new/replace arrows, I have shot gold tip for years, and was thinking about the Ted nugent pink gold tip this time around. I know pink seems odd or feminine, but I have heard that they are super easy to see in a target or find in the woods; it’s bright and is the only color that doesn’t naturally occur in nature. Has anyone had any luck with these, or have any recommendations?

Thanks

I shoot the white ones out of my recurve. They're tough but never put them through an animal. If you do go this route upgrade to the brass inserts

I’ve shot the pink ones for years and had great results, now have the white ones on order. Great arrows

I bought a set of white outs for the same reason - Visibility, and clear verification of type of hit on a critter. I still have a dozen Victory's to go through.

If your arrow is flying straight you shouldn’t see the shaft anyway. Unless it’s sticking out the animal as it runs off. Shaft color will help for finding the arrow on the ground too. Feathers and nock is what you will see in flight. Lighted nocks are the best for watching arrow flight and finding your arrow. I just can’t find a lighted nock that I like. They come on sometimes while on my string and it’s aggravating to turn off the nocturnals. Luminocs are weak and I’ve heard of them breaking on the shot for some people. I just use a white nock and at least one white feather.

I really like lighted nocks, but I agree, they can be finicky. they also don't show up the greatest when they're covered with blood, but it is nice to see where your arrow hits. I have been using Easton Axis arrows 4/6 seasons and I like them.

Been shooting carbon express pile drivers for a few years. I really like them. I've also had much better luck with nockturnals than luminoks

carbon express pile drivers. first year for nocktunal nocks so dont know yet on them.

Victory v force. I wouldn't use a gold tip arrow for anything. When they came out with the slogan " da$@ straight" I said, that's it for me.

I'me shooting the Victory VAPs now. I had tried Easton and CArbon Express before. The VAPs blow them away in every way. Consistency in the straightness of the shaft (.001 delta between shafts or in total runout), consistency in the spine (no measurable difference on my arrow spine tester), consistency in weight, (no detectable difference in the bare shaft weight).

My prior shafts (Carbon Express Pile Driver Pass-Through Extremes) had .006 runout differences between shafts and total runout. Weight differences were around 5% between shafts (min to max), and the spine was all over the place.

Eastons were more consistent. But I didn't like having to buy all the little pieces to put together an arrow, collars, sleeves, etc. and what not.

If your arrow is flying straight you shouldn’t see the shaft anyway. Unless it’s sticking out the animal as it runs off. Shaft color will help for finding the arrow on the ground too. Feathers and nock is what you will see in flight. Lighted nocks are the best for watching arrow flight and finding your arrow. I just can’t find a lighted nock that I like. They come on sometimes while on my string and it’s aggravating to turn off the nocturnals. Luminocs are weak and I’ve heard of them breaking on the shot for some people. I just use a white nock and at least one white feather.

I figured the 2 pink and 1 white fletchings with a pink knock would help in the target, and the pink shaft would help on the ground and in the dark as most of the time I end up tracking in the dark.

carbon express pile drivers. first year for nocktunal nocks so dont know yet on them.

I like mine, but they can be finicky, I’ve only had them for a couple of years, but every time I shoot an animal with them they don’t help me. I’ve broken an arrow so the knock went flying, and the other time the batteries were dead

I shoot beman ics bowhunters with a white wrap and 3 blaze orange fletchings. About the best colors I’ve found to be able to see in flight and in the ground.

Have you tried the glory nocks? They seem to be better than the others out there. (from the video reviews I've watched)

Back