• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Arrow recommendations

CRogers

Fixing to go pick up my hunting arrows. In the past I've always shot gold tip 400s. Trying to decide if I want to keep them or switch to Easton FMJ. I'm a 29.5" draw pulling 60#. Anyone with similar draw weight/draw length have any good recommendations?

I'm 29" @ 63# this season, last season I shot 72#, both are great arrows. I've shot 400 and 340 FMJ in the past and had no problems. Last year I wanted to try the high FOC thing so I went to the Gold Tip pierce platinum's in 300 spine and I'm running Ethics Archery stainless steel inserts and collar for a total arrow weight of 560 grains and 22% FOC. I'm shooting this same set up again this season. They shoot great out to 60 yards, haven't shot them past that range but I have no dout that they will perform just as good at longer distances. I would suggest taking your bow into a reputable archery shop and go through the tuning process with what ever you got with.

I'm 29" @ 63# this season, last season I shot 72#, both are great arrows. I've shot 400 and 340 FMJ in the past and had no problems. Last year I wanted to try the high FOC thing so I went to the Gold Tip pierce platinum's in 300 spine and I'm running Ethics Archery stainless steel inserts and collar for a total arrow weight of 560 grains and 22% FOC. I'm shooting this same set up again this season. They shoot great out to 60 yards, haven't shot them past that range but I have no dout that they will perform just as good at longer distances. I would suggest taking your bow into a reputable archery shop and go through the tuning process with what ever you got with.
Yeah I plan to do that. It's tuned well with the gold tips. I had it done a few months back with them when I changed my rest. I do plan to shoot a fixed head this year

That's one thing I'll be changing so it wouldn't hurt to have that done.

Going from a larger dia arrow down to a smaller size you will probably have to raise your arrow rest up a little.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah I may have too. Either way I plan on having it tuned to whatever arrow I decide to go with.

Back