• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Arrows.....

Stanlew

Hi guys. I have a habit of over thinking things, I got a new bow, and I need more arrows. My bow is a Hout Rx1 with 55-65 limbs. My original arrows are 27.5 inches, but they are long. I could do 26. I want to shoot a 150 grain broadhead. The Easton charts have me with a 500 arrow. Is this correct? I mean my original bloodlines I was shooting are 400, but I bought them a couple years ago when I was a complete noob. I'm just slightly less noob now...

Most arrow charts don't factor in great FOC. I believe most of them accommodate for a 100 grain point. Are you planning on running the aluminum insert or stepping up to a heavier brass or stainless? You're better off going to a 400, but depending on how much you front load the arrow you may want more. Get the software the guy above mentioned to save yourself buying another dozen arrows because you bought the wrong spine. Good luck

Thank you guys. I already wasted money last year getting some Axis match grades and forgot my measurement and had them cut 3 inches too long lol. I dont line those arrows anyway. I like my bloodlines better.

If you bought Match Grade arrows and they were three inches too long, you could buy an arrow saw and cut them down for cheaper than it would have cost to buy another dozen arrows...

Thank you guys. I already wasted money last year getting some Axis match grades and forgot my measurement and had them cut 3 inches too long lol. I dont line those arrows anyway. I like my bloodlines better.

An arrow saw will be cheaper than another dozen match grade arrows.

Reactions: NDH
Also, the Easton charts account for more weight upfront...If you're running 150 grains upfront, just add 6 lbs of draw weight according to the charts. Would love to see the link to what ever chart indicated you might be a 500 spine...That's a 27" arrow at 42-46lbs with 100 grains upfront...

I been looking at making one. I have a dremel. The program says if I do 26 inches. 400 I’d just sniff weak, but still in optimal range, untill I crank her up. Then it’s 330s. I could do six of each. Or look at different arrows.

And bloodline 330s at 26 inches with 150 grain badger single bevels it will be! Now if I can just find them. My local bow shop will cut them for me if I order them through them, and I like to give me local small businesses money. Keeps the economy rolling, and I like the place.

Back