• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Artisan Fab Platform + ROS

SecretAgentMan

Dec 31, 2019
Anyone have an Artisan platform that they pair with, say, two squirrel steps? I currently have the platform on my Helium that I one stick with but am not able to easily swing out to my left and right as well as I’d like.

Jay_Disarray

SH Member
Oct 7, 2019
MN
I've got 4 treehopper steps on the way, I plan to use 2 of them for standing on, and leaving my climbing stick up for walking around the tree with if i need to. I figure you really only use 2 steps consistently anyways, so it should be fine. I used just my stick all last year, and made a stick top platform out of angle iron for it, but I'm not sure I'll need it if I'm standing on the steps mostly.

I'm gonna use a ladder to climb to the other set of steps for practicing at height in my backyard archery range.

Muskyhunter

Oct 15, 2019
Anyone have an Artisan platform that they pair with, say, two squirrel steps? I currently have the platform on my Helium that I one stick with but am not able to easily swing out to my left and right as well as I’d like.
I used that exact setup last year. Occasionally I needed to add another step on the back side. It was my go to setup for a 4 or 5 hour hang. I found the platform more comfortable than standing on just the Ros.

SecretAgentMan

Dec 31, 2019
I used that exact setup last year. Occasionally I needed to add another step on the back side. It was my go to setup for a 4 or 5 hour hang. I found the platform more comfortable than standing on just the Ros.
Cool. Glad someone else has experience with this setup. I agree that I am more comfortable standing on the platform than just the top step of my stick. The platform is 12”, I think, and that allows for sole side to side angles. But I’m hoping that the extra step on either side will really help.

trailblazer75

Dec 24, 2018
Springfield, MO
I did it often last year while single sticking. It really worked well for me. I did find that I didn't see a whole bunch of difference between standing on the platform VS standing on a double step paired with a step in place on either side. I have 4 amerasteps on a strap and put two on either side and two toward the back and have great luck working around the tree like that where its with the artisan platform or just my step.

SecretAgentMan

Dec 31, 2019
I can understand how it wouldn’t be much different from a static, standing/leaning situation. Do you notice the steps being nice to have if you sit and straddle the tree? Seems to me that’s where it would help. Otherwise, my feet are sort of tucked back underneath and behind me too far to me comfortable with the platform only. Plus, being able to swing around the swing better when it’s showtime.

trailblazer75

Dec 24, 2018
Springfield, MO
I can understand how it wouldn’t be much different from a static, standing/leaning situation. Do you notice the steps being nice to have if you sit and straddle the tree? Seems to me that’s where it would help. Otherwise, my feet are sort of tucked back underneath and behind me too far to me comfortable with the platform only. Plus, being able to swing around the swing better when it’s showtime.
Oh definitely. Having steps on the far side of the tree like say the 10 and 2 position allow me to sit a little closer and still have my legs straight instead of tucked under.

SecretAgentMan

Dec 31, 2019
Perfect. That’s how I was envisioning it. I see you’re in Springfield. I’m only about 2 hours south of you, around Mtn Home. Got in-laws in Willard. You coming to MO meetup?

Reactions: trailblazer75