• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ASAT vs Sitka Elevated 2

TA20yds

Looking for opinions between ASAT pattern and the elevated 2 pattern from Sitka.....pros and cons of each....GO

Not an expert but here’s what I think:

Sitka—very good in some settings, during certain lighting conditions and times of day. For example, on overcast days, it seems to do well against the whitish sky. However, some backgrounds (like along the ground) make the Sitka pop out and look almost blueish. Blue is one color visible to deer. The Elevated ii pattern is also design to conceal you in close distances, which sometimes means you may stick out at long distances. I think the real benefit to Sitka is not necessarily the pattern, but the quality gear you get. Primaloft, goretex, and gore windstopper are premium materials that have a long history of dependability in the hunting industry and military.

ASAT—breaks your outline up at close and far distances, blends into more backgrounds and in a wide range of lighting conditions. Cons may include it doesn’t look as cool (if you’re into that), it’s not readily available in big box stores, and the quality of garments may or may not be at the same level as Sitka.

As far as the effectiveness of the patterns, I think ASAT is more versatile. As far as garment design and construction are concerned, Sitka is tough to beat, though you might be able to find some asat printed on some quality wool or something.

A deer’s vision, though not anything to scoff at, is not it’s strongest sense. It’s more important to stay still, quiet, and downwind.

I’d consider your climate, vegetative type (hardwoods, pines, etc.), and the intensity of your hunting style (hiking deep and getting sweaty, or walking 100yds to a preset). Make the decision first on the garments that will keep you warm, dry, and comfortable, and then consider pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as the effectiveness of the patterns, I think ASAT is more versatile. As far as garment design and construction are concerned, Sitka is tough to beat, though you might be able to find some asat printed on some quality wool or something.

Sitka striking a deal to use ASAT on their gear would get me to use more of their stuff. I use the ASAT leafy gear, which you can wear over anything, all year round in any hunting season. Makes me feel invisible. Wish it worked around the house with the wife sometimes lol

Sent from up in a tree

I have had both and have way more confidence wearing ASAT. I don’t care what they say about the science about EVII. There’s a lot of white in it. I’ve been busted wearing EVII several times. I can’t prove it’s that it wasn’t my wind but i feel like I stick out wearing it. I do agree in snow it is pretty awsome but I don’t care for it myself.

I always think of a deer use the white of their tail as a danger flag.

I know others disagree but my opinion is I don’t care for EVII. ASAT on the other hand is my favorite pattern. Wind and movement is of course the biggest factors. I often wear solids as well. I feel more confidence wearing brown and olive solids than I do when I wear EVII.

Again this is my opinion and my experience

I had a nice 8 pt stare right at me for 30 seconds only 15ft off the ground before I shot him this year. I was wearing an ASAT sanctuary jacket. It does kinda seem to me like ASAT would break up the outline better, but that’s not scientific just my opinion of how I think a deer would see it. Doubt it matters much at all though, movement matters exponentially more. Don’t think I’ve ever been busted by choice of camo. I’d recommend going with whichever will give you more confidence or keep you more comfortable.

One of the things that impressed me most about ASAT was that they black light test all the gear they make and anything that doesn't pass gets sold at half the price, as paintball gear. Check out reviews for cheap leafy gear on Amazon and you'll see a lot of folks doing their own black light testing on the cheap stuff and it glows white. ASAT site says this causes glowing at dusk/dawn, not because of the pattern, but because of its reaction to uv light. Those are two of the most critical times of the day for whitetail hunting, so that alone sold me.

Sent from up in a tree

ASAT......it just works

I sure wish ASAT had the technology of the Sitka garments. Or, I wish Sitka would make solid colors in things like the fanatic or stratus lines.

Does ASAT do tall sizes? I tried some sitka stuff out in tall sizes and it was some of the most mis sized/ill fitting clothing.

Back