• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ascend using Sterling C-IV Canyon Rope?

Before spending the money, do you have either:
- (2) prusik cords, or
- (2) ropeman 1 or 2, or
- One of each?

If you do, you can SRT. If you find you like it, then spend the money on additional stuff.

Once I find the thread, I'll link it here but go to the last page, near the bottom. I have a stickman drawing on how to climb with the above mentioned.

- (2) prusik cords, or
- (2) ropeman 1 or 2, or
- One of each?

If you do, you can SRT. If you find you like it, then spend the money on additional stuff.

Once I find the thread, I'll link it here but go to the last page, near the bottom. I have a stickman drawing on how to climb with the above mentioned.
No ropemen, but have some prusik cord. I found your stick figure. I may try it. Thanks.

This method is slow and takes more work than a petzl or kong hand ascender but is far cheaper to test the theory of SRT. If it's something you do want to do, then get the shiny toys.

- (2) prusik cords, or
- (2) ropeman 1 or 2, or
- One of each?

What he said.

Here’s the first video I found on it. Also can put the foot loop above the bridge prusik/ascender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried SRT with two prusik cords and then climbed the same tree 2TC, SRT was faster and more comfortable. I'll play around with different friction cords as the main delay was loosening each prusik but I am glad I tried it. It felt secure and feels doable in a hunting situation. I also want to think about some redundancy to the prusik I attach to my bridge.

Last edited:
Back