• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ascent with knaider and swaider

BayouBeauxhunter

Has anyone tried ascending with the knaider and swaider using their tether rather than linesman belt? I seem to find it easier for the ascent. For the descent using the linesman belt doesn’t seem to be a problem. Using the tether only, there are a couple times where slack is introduced in the system, but I’m not sure it’s more unsafe than having your linesman belt as long as required if you do fall.

I mean if it’s safe and it works for you go for it. I’ve tried it. May try it again. I prefer the linesmans up and down.

Peter was giving me sone pointers today and he is right about leaning into the LB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My two cents worth, bout a week ago I tried that with tether and RCH. Got to hunting height and put on a sit drag. Climbing seemed easier for my legs but seemed slower working the tether up the tree. I may use this for short hunts, but really prefer my Jx3 hybrid and linesman belt.

Back