• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Assault hand climber platform

Arkhunter18

Ok guys...I had a thought...the assault hand climber platform isnt a lot bigger than the top section and was designed to be stood on and climbed with meaning there is space to put ur feet to climb with...this seems like an option as well...anyone done this?

I've been using my lone wolf hand climber platform all season. I'm like you surprised no one has mentioned using it. I shoot a longbow and like the extra room for shots. It's light and stable.. I do bungee the cables in front if it moves around.

Yes with the tether just like everyone uses the top/seat to climb. I never felt comfortable up high with the climber- seat doesn't fold -seemed like I was standing on the end of a diving board.

I've experimented with an assault platform as well as the hand climber top section and they both limit your mobility around the backside of the tree due to their inability to handle side pressure without additional measures/precautions being taken. Also, while the bottom section may not seem that large compared to "normal treestands" it is quite heavy and bulky when compared to an actual saddle platform and would be considered overkill by many.

One other noteworthy point is that the edge of the assault platform sticks out 2 foot from the tree which is double the distance of even the largest platform. That said, do whatever it takes to get comfortable and get hanging!

Back