• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Attaching Platform to Molle

MN_Bowhunter4

What do you use to attach your platform to your saddle molle? I’m using an s-biner and there has to be a better way.

I have something in my mind that might be printable on a 3D printer, but that’s beyond me. My idea is basically two clips that are connected together, with a deep hooked crossbar. Thinking I could clip it to two molle loops and hook the platform on.

What's everyone else use?

I’m using 2 J-hooks I got from DanO on the back of my Kite to carry my Predator. I use an Amsteel daisy chain and wrap it tight around the Predator then hook the thicker section of the Amsteel in the J hooks. I can upload a picture tomorrow if you need a visual.

IMG_20191207_133815_3.jpg

J hooks from Dano. Put a parachord loop on the platform to hang it off of.

Not sure it is better than s hooks though. Sometimes finding that jhook with layers on is annoying.

These. I didn’t buy from double steps as I have access to these on base. They only open about 90 degrees so the platform will not fall to the ground if it slip.

For reference here is how far the D clip is when fully open.
48D9F6AA-6EF8-4873-BA89-4BBEF9AD537E.png
They are plastic but still fairly rugged and the piece of mind that they won’t let my platform take the quick trip south really gives me peace of mind.

I had one of those plastic snap shackles break without me knowing it while hiking out in the dark after an evening hunt. Platform was clipped to a saddle molle loop, and I lost the platform! Didn't even realize it was gone until I got to my truck about a mile away. Never heard or felt the clip snap. Luckily found platform the next day... So I would advise against hiking any distance with a platform fastened like that, unless the clip is metal or something very strong. The plastic ones seem fine for temporarily holding a platform while descending a tree though.

I had one of those plastic snap shackles break without me knowing it while hiking out in the dark after an evening hunt. Platform was clipped to a saddle molle loop, and I lost the platform! Didn't even realize it was gone until I got to my truck about a mile away. Never heard or felt the clip snap. Luckily found platform the next day... So I would advise against hiking any distance with a platform fastened like that, unless the clip is metal or something very strong. The plastic ones seem fine for temporarily holding a platform while descending a tree though.
Yeah I can definitely see it breaking in that situation. I only use mine for ascending and descending. Stays in my predator pack outside of that.

This is how i carry my Predator platform:

Back