• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Back Fatigue

Pfraze

I'm starting to get the hang of this trophyline tree saddle. My only complaint now is after a few hours my back get fatigued and feels like I need to stretch. Do you have any tips? Thanks

It takes some time to get your body conditioned to the new positions of a tree saddle. My back and hips used to hurt as well.

You can also adjust your tether height to be about eye level. TL suggested reaching as high as possible to tie your tether to the tree. Most on this forum are finding a lower hookup is more comfortable.

A larger platform also made a huge difference in hip/back/foot fatigue for me. The XOP/assault seat platforms are great investments in comfort.

As G2 said if your tether is high and your hanging, your back is constantly tense. That's why guys are trying to come up with back support mods. Not sure how well the TL works with low hook up and leaning, but that's the ticket. When I had a TL years ago my back hurt and I constantly found myself sliding out of it and needing to readjust it.

You have to try different tether heights and see what works for you. It may change depending on the size of the tree. That is really the only adjustment you can make on the tree saddle. If the sizing isn't perfect that could contribute to it too.

Thanks guys. I do lean over the bridge for relief, but long sits are hard. I find myself moving quite a bit to find a comfortable position

FWIW I've completely abandoned my 2 TL saddles since finding the SitDrag. I'll keep them to train my kids, since they're more robust and idiot proof.

It's counterintuitive, but the minimalist saddles seem to be more comfortable across the board.

I use the NT back strap, but slide it down under my bacmside. I seem to have less back stress when I use the strap more like a bosuns chair. Plus I can move it up if I need to.

I also found the TL saddle very uncomfortable on my first few sits. What I did was make a stand-off for it. I call it my kickstand (I'm a motorcycle guy, sorry). Since I started using it, my saddle is feels more like a lazy boy, very comfortable and I can sit in it for hours with very little movement. Without it, my TL saddle would probably be listed here in the classifieds or on ebay. You might try something like that to resolve your comfort issues. Below is a link to my post.

http://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/tl-saddle-kickstand.2294/

Back