• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Back in the saddle?

Bowtech12

Well, I’m thinking of getting back in the saddle

I had a kestrel for 1 season and ended up selling it
At that time I really didn’t have a great platform as it was before tethrd or lone wolf came out with tgeres

also I’m a 34 waist and I probably should have gotten the larger kestrel

anyway I’m thinking if getting the new phantom or the new kestrel flex

any suggestions on platform or saddle fir this second go around?

Your going to get a ton of opinions in response to what you should use, keep in mind what is perfect for one may be detrimental to others.
Now, I like this compact and as simple as possible. I went with the WE perch. It's simple to use, compact when transporting. I am also using an aerohunter kite, it works well, as will any of the saddles out there.
When sizing your saddle, I would elect to go one size larger than what you "need". You can adjust it down, and can accommodate winter clothing. I prefer a saddle with mesh over a solid material, hot or cold I want it to breathe.
Also remember just because there is a "latest" saddle doesn't mean it's the best one for you, some of the older models could fit your need better, look at all the options fomt close yourself into one or two. Hopefully you live near where a saddle hunter meet up is going to happen. That'll help you alot.

Back