• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Backpack organization

Ckwilli

SH Member
So my biggest frustration, apart from dogs running deer, is not being able to find things in my pack before daylight. So I decided to do something to avoid the desire to throw my gear out of my stand, I mean saddle. I cut up an old milk crate to the shape of the inside of my pack. It has a shelf at the bottom that you probably can't see. It is held in place by Velcro straps at the top. My wife is sewing me up one more vertical pouch to hand in there also. Has anyone else tried something like this? I'm still looking for ideas.
4108ef333efd1b99ebf870e323a01405.jpg
5c0ce748b36582fba752884bafa1db44.jpg

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice! Way to think outside the box. I offer one suggestion, put a flapper disc on your angle grinder and run it over all the protrusions where you cut the crate. It will eventually wear holes in your bag if you don't.

Nice! Way to think outside the box. I offer one suggestion, put a flapper disc on your angle grinder and run it over all the protrusions where you cut the crate. It will eventually wear holes in your bag if you don't.
After I took the pictures I hit them with a hand torch and melted the ends. I was thinking they would wear through too.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Not sure if it would exactly fit your needs but maybe the Cocoon Grid It Organizer would help? I used it for traveling and have loved them. Good luck!

Osprey has a decent assortment of lightweight bags and organizers too, but nothing that would do exactly what is achieved here.

Back